NVQ 3 equivalent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazzybabe

Reaction score
Hello sorry if this sounds stupid just a bit confused I've seen a few jobs around at the moment saying nvq 3 equivelant but don't really know what makes you nvq3 equivelant, ive done my nvq2 and went on the take extra courses such as body massage so does that make me equivelant or do I need a lot more?

Body massage qualifications are more frequently available as a level 3 course (rather than as a level 2 course). Your qualifications mean that you have an nvq2 in beauty therapy with a massage qualification in addition to that. For some employers, although this is not the same as you having done an entire nvq3, if they are looking to recruit someone who is primarily massage focused (rather than epilation, facial and body electricals for example) then you still may be in with a chance if you applied for a job with that employer.

To have an equivalent of a whole nvq 3, you would have more unit qualifications (so for example, doing massage, hot stone, indian head and aromatherapy as separate level 3 units would be equivalent to doing nvq3 beauty therapy massage route). Other qualifications that are equivalent to nvq3 would be itec and/or btec qualifications at level 3.

hth

Thankyou it does help :D

Latest posts

Back