NVQ Assessor required

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I have decied to wait and do the new, improved and tougher (i beleive) NVQ, does anyone know of an assessor register so I can pick someone close to home?

The college or training provider you choose will have the asseors as part of their staff.

Your biggest challenge will be finding a training provider who is doing the NVQ for nails.

Contact City and Guilds and see who is offering the course near to you and the rest will follow.

Good luck finding somewhere/one - I've spent the last 3 hours ringing round colleges, City & Guilds, Habia, VCTC, etc. and getting nowhere fast :evil:

I've finally found a lovely girl at C&G who seems to be the only person who knows anything about the new NVQ bless her - for anyone who needs to know the reference Number is City & Guilds 3024 and the criteria etc is on here

http://www.city-and-guilds.co.uk/se...&_fdisplaymode=1&_fcalledfrom=1&_fdisplayurl=

Although reading through them some of them don't make sense such as apparantly the Nail Services elements include waxing (BT6) and eyelash and eyebrow treatments (BT5), but hey it's more info than I've managed to find over the last few months so I'm not complaining.

Now to find someone in my area (Brighton, East Sussex) - this seems as rare a rocking horse poo - Crawley apparantly do Level 2 only, but are not answering the phone.

I'm so frustrated - I've got the money and time to do this and keep hitting a brick wall at every turn :sad:

Anyone got any suggestions please.........thanks

Why does any thing NVQ need to be so complicated!!!
NVQ 3 does not need to include waxing or eyebrow treatments. These fall into the 'Optional' section and the required quota of units for the Level can be purely nails units.
Try asking ANT or SAC. They will have an assessment centre somewhere reasonable and they will definately be offering the new qualifications in Sept

Marian

mum said:
Why does any thing NVQ need to be so complicated!!!
NVQ 3 does not need to include waxing or eyebrow treatments. These fall into the 'Optional' section and the required quota of units for the Level can be purely nails units.
Try asking ANT or SAC. They will have an assessment centre somewhere reasonable and they will definately be offering the new qualifications in Sept

Marian

Thank You Marian - I so wanted to PM you to ask for help, but you must get inundated with messages - so I hoped you might skim through the messages and see my plea for help :green:

I'm a member of ANT - why the hell didn't I think of them first :o

Thank you again for a simple clear answer - I will call them tomorrow as I have a client in 30 mins

:green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green:

You are very welcome! I never mind questions.
When I read my post it sounded I was saying you were making it complicated. NO!!!!! I meant life itself made anything NVQ complicated :o

I hope as time goes on things will become clearer for all of us.

Marian

I took it entirely as you meant it - don't worry :)

Thanks again

Tina
xx

Doh!!!!
Rung my local college yesterday to inquire about new NVQ!!!!! Guess Wot.....
it doesn't exsist here obviously!!!!! AAaaaaarrrrrgh!
After an hour of explaining that it really does and 'no I'm not getting it confused with the new IHBC diploma dearie'(!!!), I gave up. So much for supporting local colleges.
To be fair ,I may as well asked the shortest route to the moon and back!
Why does this county have to be the last to know anything!!!!

Sorry for ranting................THUD...........(just me falling off my soapbox!!!)

Debz xx

Hiya All,

Waterside Training Acadamy is an NVQ assesment centre and they are based in Hull, hth

Amanda

Debz said:
Doh!!!!
Rung my local college yesterday to inquire about new NVQ!!!!! Guess Wot.....
it doesn't exsist here obviously!!!!! AAaaaaarrrrrgh!
After an hour of explaining that it really does and 'no I'm not getting it confused with the new IHBC diploma dearie'(!!!), I gave up. So much for supporting local colleges.
To be fair ,I may as well asked the shortest route to the moon and back!
Why does this county have to be the last to know anything!!!!

Sorry for ranting................THUD...........(just me falling off my soapbox!!!)

Debz xx

:lol: I am so with you on this one - I kept having to repeat that 'no it's not part of the Beauty Therapy NVQ, it's a stand alone NVQ - THAT'S WHY I SAID 'THE NEW STAND ALONE NVQ' '........ and...... <breathe>

Thanks Amanda,
Its a bit of a trek to Hull but if thats the nearest place I'll have to ring them

Debz xx

HI

Diane at the osns in leeds is an assesor give her a bell or pm her on here under "Tigger"

Latest posts

Back