NVQ certificate for nails. Please help !!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdgyNails

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am new to the site , just wanna say hello for everyone and see if anyone can help me.
My fAmiy owns a nail shop in London and I have been working there for a very long time. I got trained there and have highly skills in doing nails includes acrylic & gel extension, shellac, minx and especially all kind of nail arts.

I am about to move city so I would need to work in a different place. The problem is I haven't got any certificate in doing nAils.

I don't see the point of paying £1000 to go on course when I have already got the skills..
Would anybody know how I would take part in any exam to get NVQ certificate ? Preferably level 2 or 3 cos I beleive my skill match those level.
Would be very appreciated if anyone helps me
Million thankssss

Hi there your best bet would be to contact the company whose products you wish to use, about training and explain it to them to see what could be done for you x

Hi Edgynails .. Welcome to salon geek.

I'm sure you have great skills ... But there is more to doing nails than skill ... And if you are similar to most nail technicians who have learned a skill but never had formal training, then you will be lacking in much knowledge that you should have, to make you a really brilliant nail technician. It is amazing how much more understanding you can have about your products and how much better that Can make you at your job.

My advice is to contact *flower* here on the site. She, I'm sure would be more than happy to help you, and she is a CND ambassador so she can guide you to getting your CND qualification. :hug:

Last edited:
Im sure you are great at what you do but have you been working with no insurance as no certificates? A new salon would need to see your certificates in order to insure you x

Hi ladies,
Thx for your replies soo soo much.
Yes I have been working without a cert because I got trained up by family and they just employed me so they really never needed one !
but I know I should really get one now if I am about to work elsewhere
I would like to get cert in acrylic and higher qualification thou if u know what I mean. Isnt there a test center that you can just take test in?

Because I get my product from Vietnamese supplier in London, I doubt that I could get much info from them.
:((

Hi ladies,
Thx for your replies soo soo much.
Yes I have been working without a cert because I got trained up by family and they just employed me so they really never needed one !
but I know I should really get one now if I am about to work elsewhere
I would like to get cert in acrylic and higher qualification thou if u know what I mean. Isnt there a test center that you can just take test in?

Because I get my product from Vietnamese supplier in London, I doubt that I could get much info from them.
:((

There isn't a test center I'm afraid, but it will be well worth some time with an educator like *flower* who can have a look at your work and then tell you what you need to do. She will contact you very soon on here and then you can get started .. it is doable!! lol

@geeg : thanks. But u said she's only a CND ambassador. That means she can only help me with the shellac cert. what about the rest?

@geeg : thanks. But u said she's only a CND ambassador. That means she can only help me with the shellac cert. what about the rest?
She can help you with all the rest through her connections with the Creative Nail Academy London. Trust that what I tell you is achievable if I say it is. The how's are not important the inportant thing we can make it happen.

Latest posts

Back