NVQ City & Guilds or Level 19, advise please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I have heard there are two types of NVQ that can be taken and I would like to do the hardest/toughtest testing. I am working through my VCTC and I am due to complete the diploma course in June, and would like to go staight into doing an NVQ in nail extension etc...so can I ask who has done an NVQ and which one?

2 types of NVQ? No!

VCTC, C&G, SVQ (Scotland only) and NVQ.

Unit 19 is a UNIT of the full Beauty therapy NVQ and is at level3.

Unit 19 is not an NVQ but only one unit of the whole NVQ as above.

Soon (September?) Nails will have its own WHOLE NVQ qualification ... it will no longer be just one unit of someone elses NVQ. It will be full of units of its own and completion of all will lead to a full NVQ qualification (which nails never has been before) in Nails.

Years ago the nail unit was B13 then changed to C19 (which was good because it belonged in the higher skill area C)

I have done them both (for the experience) as well as D32, D33, D34 and D36. (Assessors Qualifications.) Those were the days when Marion Newman and Jacqui Jefford badgered me to do them. cause they said it was good for me!!

Hello

Do you know if the NVQ course in nails is going to be available to all coolleges across the country? Where can we find out where it is going to be available?

Daisy x x x x

Once the standards officially change, then they will have to be implemented at every college that teaches it.

Problem for the colleges will be getting trainers who are actually qualified to teach it?? This fact alone may narrow down the number of colleges who implement it.

Daisy 100 said:
Hello

Do you know if the NVQ course in nails is going to be available to all coolleges across the country? Where can we find out where it is going to be available?

Daisy x x x x
Hi Daisy

I would imagine a lot will update/upgrade their current courses probably from September maybe - you could perhaps keep an eye out on hotcourses.co.uk and floodlight.co.uk or otherwise try contacting the governing body to find out more?

geeg said:
Problem for the colleges will be getting trainers who are actually qualified to teach it?? This fact alone may narrow down the number of colleges who implement it.
That's a point Geeg - counts my old college tutor out then ;)!!

(Geeg, It was good for you!!!!! Ho ho And you've been perfectly qualified ever since. )
This talk of tutors at colleges is very important. Anyone thinking of doing a course or being assessed in order to achieve any NVQ unit must make sure that their tutor/assessor is suitably qualified and experienced. To find out what this quilification and required experience is either log onto the HABIA website (www.habia.org) or read a piece I wrote in the last issue of Scratch.
Marian (Newman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back