NVQ confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizzielou

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm halfway through putting my NVQ Nails Level 2 portfolio together and I'm a bit lost- I'm a mobile tech and I'm self studying after doing a 5 day intensive course at Carlton Institute.

This is the bit I'm stuck on, Unit G4 Fulfil Reception Duties:
"Refer to your assessment book page 14. Collect the information from your placement, salon or spa and explain the services, duration, costs, discounts and offers.
Supply details of retail products and their costs and examples of how you would link 5 products to services (e.g, nail polish after manicure etc)
Explain what you would do if a product was faulty.
In your placement- what stationery is kept at the reception area- Is there a stock of that stationery elsewhere and who decides how much stationery and information should be kept at reception"

Now as I said, I'm mobile, and page 14 in my assessment book relates to a completely diff unit!!

Do I do a simulated answer thing on a separate piece of paper or what...

All help appreciated!

X

Hi hun

I'm a bit confused, are you doing a distance learning course? Sounds like you should be on a placement. You would need to talk to your tutor / course advisor or your employer on the placement.

Hth

Hi everyone

I'm halfway through putting my NVQ Nails Level 2 portfolio together and I'm a bit lost- I'm a mobile tech and I'm self studying after doing a 5 day intensive course at Carlton Institute.

This is the bit I'm stuck on, Unit G4 Fulfil Reception Duties:
"Refer to your assessment book page 14. Collect the information from your placement, salon or spa and explain the services, duration, costs, discounts and offers.
Supply details of retail products and their costs and examples of how you would link 5 products to services (e.g, nail polish after manicure etc)
Explain what you would do if a product was faulty.
In your placement- what stationery is kept at the reception area- Is there a stock of that stationery elsewhere and who decides how much stationery and information should be kept at reception"

Now as I said, I'm mobile, and page 14 in my assessment book relates to a completely diff unit!!

Do I do a simulated answer thing on a separate piece of paper or what...

All help appreciated!

X

Hiya,

Yeah distance course!

That's bad if that's the case as they didn't mention that- I said from day one I want to work mobile at first :-( xxxxx

I would do a report on how YOU would perform the duties. The selling would be the same and the service costs times etc would still be explained to the client but you'd do it over the phone or at a previous appointment. So like I say I would do it from a mobile point of view, put a sentence first to say this is how I perform my interpretation of reception duties. X

I did a year at college and that was the exact thing in my course, for our G4 along with finding that out we had to go into the college salon and work, find the answers to all the questions.

Personally for you I would go to a salon, look at their display stands, get a price list and details list and take it from there.. It sounds like your work you've been given to complete is for I house/college training and not home training.

You could volunteer to work in a salon for a few days maybe?

Latest posts

Back