NVQ for the beauty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caprise

Reaction score
I am so confused...Do you need NVQ to get license from the council or approved certificate and insurance will work for tanning and waxing treatments.

Which council is it? And have you already got your certificates?

Special license, so yes you need nationally recognised qualifications. Not just NVQ (VTCT) but City & Guilds, Cidesco, CIBTAC or ITEC. Tanning is level 3 so you may be required to have Anatomy & Physiology first depending on the college. What I would do is look for the courses you think you will book and then just for safety email or write to Ealing Licensing to check they will accept it just in case.

image.jpeg
Thank you PamieD. They only mentioned certificates on their website. On the other council website I found this

This was on the Ealing website too, it's tucked away in a .doc download. When they say certificates they mean the physical paper rather than the qualification. The terminology is very confusing definitely.

Y
I am so confused...Do you need NVQ to get license from the council or approved certificate and insurance will work for tanning and waxing treatments.
yes if want to trade within a salon u need a special treatment licence from the local authority and they normally ask for proof of certificates

Y

yes if want to trade within a salon u need a special treatment licence from the local authority and they normally ask for proof of certificates
yes i know about a special treatment license, but do they accept the certificates accredited by professional bodies like Babtac, Guild of Beauty Therapists, ... or you do have to have NVQ, ITEC, ...for waxing and tanning?

It looks like you have to have an nvq or equivalent as they are available for the treatments you want to offer. This happened to a fellow geek. She is an amazing nail tech with lots of qualifications but to open her premises she had to go back to college to get an nvq just to keep the council happy.

Vic x

It looks like you have to have an nvq or equivalent as they are available for the treatments you want to offer. This happened to a fellow geek. She is an amazing nail tech with lots of qualifications but to open her premises she had to go back to college to get an nvq just to keep the council happy.

Vic x
Thank you Vic

Latest posts

Back