NVQ INFO

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolate

Reaction score
Morning geeks!
As I am new to this site, i am posting things everywhere! I have a good response to my NVQ info, in 3 different sections! So i have started a new topic and hope you can find it so i dont have to write in 3 times!! As nail star (Kelly) said, i'm not to hot on computers and i have to thank Kelly for my Chocolate Mousse, i love it!! :D (I need help posting nails pics now!!!!!)
Anyway about the NVQ. I hope to answer your questions, but if i have not, just shout!
There is so much debate about the qualification, and its hard to stay up to date. I deal with this issue everyday, but my advice would always be, is to contact your local council as each one has its own requirements. Some require the "special licence" in which the VCTC and IHBC and NVQ are all good enough. The NVQ is the hardest of all 3 as more is required, but they are all good qualifications to get. Some don't give 2 hoots what ya got! We are pushing councils very hard to accept that a standard is needed, but i have been doing this for 5 years so its a long battle. I hope that one day there will be a licence for all nails techs in the uk, but its awhile off yet.
NVQ is a national qualification, and not product or system related. You have to be competent in the use of 1 system but have knowledge of all 3. You are required to be able to free form sculpt, in any system, but liquid and powder is best. You can use any products as long as they are industry standard, ie; do not contain MMA.
If you choose to take your NVQ through a SAC, then if you are good enough, you are only assessed, with no need for extra training. This is great if you are already a good nail tech! You sit 3 practical assessments, and do the theory book at home, and bobs your uncle! Its hard, very hard, but well worth doing. I enjoyed mine so much. I learnt about COSHH, which i am sad to say, had never heard of before, and i had a salon, whoops, at least i know now.
Any way, my website has full NVQ info so i wont blab on forever now. Check out www.netnails.net.
Chat soon! From Rachel xx :flower:

Had loads of emails on this NVQ subject. Dont let me put you off! Its hard but worth it! If you want to go ahead, call the ANT on 01353 665577, they will give you the nearest SAC, but you can still email me if you have any questions! From Rachel xx

Hi Rachel

I read somewhere that in 2004 there will be a requirement for NVQ on nail art is this correct? l thought they only did the ihbc certification for this.

decided to ask the lady who will know the answer - l bet the first thing you do when the children are tucked up in bed is - check your mail then onto the geek board - l know l do!!!! :D

l agree with you the NVQ is hard work but it is worth it, the knowledge you gain is fantastic and it makes alot of the things like the chemicals easy to understand - if you know what they do then it makes more sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back