NVQ level 2 beauty therapy case studies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuschia

Reaction score
Looking for people who are doing these case studies at the moment or anre NVQ2 Beauty Therapy qualified. How much do you have to write for the case studies.

Anyone got an example of one they have done. I have done a few for treatments and not sure how much to write....mine are like essays at the moment ... any advice gratefully appreciated

Hmm, I've read a few people on here saying that they have to write case studies for NVQ2, but I've just completed it and didn't haave to write any!!

Sorry not much help :rolleyes: but I'm sure that someone else will be able to assist.:hug:

please help thanks

Didnt need to write any case studies for my level 2. Sorry.

hi i have just finished my nvq level 2 beauty and for my case study i did 4 treatments with a equip list,procedure list and an evaluation of each treatment.also took before/after photos.for treatment and equip they are looking for bullet points easy for you to refer back to if needed.I included a profile and action plan for my case study person and at the end a final evaluation from me and her.Hth xx

hi i have just finished my nvq level 2 beauty and for my case study i did 4 treatments with a equip list,procedure list and an evaluation of each treatment.also took before/after photos.for treatment and equip they are looking for bullet points easy for you to refer back to if needed.I included a profile and action plan for my case study person and at the end a final evaluation from me and her.Hth xx

What treatments did you do this on?

I did ped,el perm,eb shape and el &eb tint.I said we are going for a makeover for a party in 4 weeks(they like you to have an 'event')

Our students write case studies for pedicures, and my evening students have to do mani and pedi case studies.
Firstly they are to write a client profile,inclding lifestyle, whether they have had treatment before, expectations of treatment and any contra indications.
They then have to perform a treatment, fill in the consultation card and treatment plan, and take a before and after picture. Another treatment (the same one) is to be performed at the time specified by the student ie: two weeks later as the client has alot of hard skin build up, or 4 weeks time as a maintainer. They again have to do consultation, pictures etc.
When both treatments have been performed the student has to evaluate the treatment, how effective it was, was the timing good, what they would improve on next time etc. it s not necessary for them to explain the whole procedure, as it would have been the one they were taught, they would however explain if they took longer on cuticle work, and explain why (ie overgrown cuticle).
Good luck with them:biggrin:

OOOh, i might be able to help here!

My case studies were my portfolio as i studied with the carlton institute to get my NVQ and IHBC certificates. I have case studies for facial, man/peds/ waxing, ear piercing, lash & brow Tint and perming..

If you would like to see an example, pm me your email address and i will email you a copy of a few of them. I got very good comments on them, so i know they were right!!

My case studies were my portfolio as i studied with the carlton institute to get my NVQ and IHBC certificates. I have case studies for facial, man/peds/ waxing, ear piercing, lash & brow Tint and perming..

If you would like to see an example, pm me your email address and i will email you a copy of a few of them. I got very good comments on them, so i know they were right!!

Hi there,
I have only just started the course, and im doing manicures at the moment, i have been asked to start a portfolio with this in, how do you start this off, have you got any examples please?
Natalie x

Hi ,

I have just started my course nvq level 2. We have started on manicures, and we have been asked to start a portfolio, starting with a cv. What goes in after this? any ideas, or examples would be much appreciated to me.
Thankyou.
Nataliexx

I'm sure your college should help you out with this and give you a portfolio contents list. You can't be expected to know this without any help.

hi could u send me some examples please x

hi could u help me please x

hi, could someone please send me some examples or copies please i have 3 case studies i need to do by tomoz x i finish my course on the 22 of june ! really dont want to fall at the last hurdle thank u x:?::o

hi
i would really appreciate it if you could send me any examples, my head is shatterd since recieving my study pack.
thanks
cath xxx

Hi I studied with the Carlton institute for nvq facial man/peds waxing lash and brow tinting & would like to see examples of case studies as I'm very confused as what they should contain many thanx elaine_fitness@ hotmail.co.uk

hi I studied with the Carlton institute for nvq facial man/peds waxing lash and brow tinting and am very confused on what my case studies should contain so would be grateful for any examples many thanx. My email is [email protected]

Case studies should be treatments given over time to say 3 clients/ models.
Say for example you were doing case studies for a remedial treatment, you would list the problems with the nails,what you are hoping to achieve, how you were going to manage the issues,what products you used and why. How you carried out the treatment, why you avoided certain products or treatments and basically give a blow by blow account on each client throughout the case studies.

Sometimes you need to do case studies for 3 different times on the same client sometimes more,depends. Sometimes we need to only do one case study on each of say 7 different people. It's all according to what we are told is needed for the particular training you're doing.

You would take photos of the nails at the beginning of the case studies and the end, so you can see what improvement,if any.

You would give a detailed description of everything you have done from the beginning to the end, a little bit like a diary or blog. The client must sign and date each treatment and so must you.

You must write down the clients expectations and what is achievable. Contra actions and contra indications. It all needs to be detailed.

The aim of case studies is to show your understanding in the treatment and why and you would do that particular treatment on that particular client/ model. it also helps you deal/ recognise different types of conditions.

We had to do case studies for make up, eyelash extensions, manicures, nail enhancements and massage. I actually enjoyed doing them and think its an invaluable learning tool. Hth a little though your course tutor should really brief you on how to do your case studies.

Latest posts

Back