NVQ level 3 can you skip 1 & 2.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz

Reaction score
Have been thinking recently about doing some more in depth training (NVQ v company based). If as I have have done (wont go into too much detail its in my profile) 3 certs in nails, waxing,tanning & pedi, can you go straight into level 3 or do you have to complete 1 & 2 or is there a compressed course ? just a thought as a mature student dont really want to do 3 more years full time & money might be tight this year so to utilise my time effectively and still train could this be a possibility?

hi glitz,
Some colleges run fast track nvqs-which are 1 day a week.. you may be able to get accredited for the courses you have done but im sure u may still need to do an nvq 2 to go onto an nvq 3.. I would give your local college/training provider a call for more info..
hope this helps a little
xx

You cant just jump onto level 3 hun. You may not have to do Level 1 if you pass a numeracy and literacy test. So you could go straight to level 2.
If you wanted to do a course in something like massage and holistic treatments, it is possible to skip levels 1 and 2 if you do an ITEC course but you would need to complete a&p level 3 along side it, which is quite hard if you haven't done level 2, but I know plenty of people that have done it! x x x

Thanks will make some enquiry`s see what they suggest.

i would ask your college hun because im going through the same at the min im doing my level 2 hairdressing and the head of hair & beauty said because i already will have a level 2 by the end of july id have to pay for a level 2 beauty course...but she said i can go on to level 3 beauty without doing the level 2 because its different to hairdressing and she gave me the option of doing the general route or massage route so ive applied for the massage route,but i would check with your college and get as much info as you can

x

Ok hun will do thanks.
Just wanted to say I hope I haven`t given the wrong impression its not that I think I am ahead of the game and can walk straight into level 3. I know I have loads to learn, we learn new things everyday from each other .
I just wondered as a mature, mature student ! With some excellent (all be it "private") training behind me is there a fast track that would cut the 3 years to a minimum of say 1 year part time. I know at the end of the day it would be ton`s of work but I am committed and not afraid of hard work. Just I need to keep working as can`t afford not to and the evenings are just not enough time for me to do that and earn a crust. Otherwise I will just continue as I have been and train as and when I can afford it but the list is endless, Kim (waxing), CND (one to one & Brisa), Angel fingers (Le Chat), I could go on & on & on...................... :). xxxxxxxx

nope you havent gave the wrong impression at all hun well not to me anyways i want to do the level 2 beauty but cant afford it as im wanting to do the VTCT level 2 nail services as a night course at my local college so when the head of hair & beauty said i could do level 3 without doing level 2 i was gobsmacked i thought well this cant be right but hey she knows best as she organises all the hair & beauty courses so ive just applied for the massage route as i dont think ill enjoy the electrical side of level 3 general...i think the course is around a yr to complete depending how fast people progress really i know because i havent had level 2 training such as knowing the muscles,bones etc its going to be more work for me and other people who enrol on the course with the same situation as me but hey im all game for it i like a challenge :) but deffo check with your local college and get all the info which is is essential to you :)

x

Latest posts

Back