NVQ level 3, I'm thinking aloud!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hi,
So here's my thinking... Sooo really want to rake my NVQ level 3 in Sep as just completing my level 2 and absolutely loved it!
The problem is that it's a 3 day course at my local college and sadly I cannot afford to give up work to attend it. I also have three children that are too young to be left.
Soooo I've started to look online at private course and have stumbled across The Beauty Academy's Level 3 Course (general) electrical facial, massage etc...
my thinking is, the course sounds perfect for my lifestyle, family work commitments at present...if I were to take the Beauty Academy course and top it up as I'm going along, with Day courses, evening classes (Swedish massage, Indian Head Massage) will this be a credible option for me?

I am hoping to get a part time position within a salon as well as working from home a little next year. Would this course be sufficient?

Would be really interested to hear your thoughts and advice anything you can help me with really, I would be hugely grateful.
Thank you in advance x

I'd urge you not to do day courses for massage related stuff. It's just not sufficient.

I've looked at the beauty academy website before and been put off by the way they charge for things. Charging extra for courses available on student loans and an admin fee (more than that of the actual exam board) for registering you for a qualification does not sit well with me.

I can't thank you enough for giving me your advice..thank you so very much. I've looked at the links at they are great. I've been giving it a lot of thought and I think my local college is where I should go..arghhh...now to find childcare! Is there a forum for that? I just know I'm going to need as much practical experience as possible and I'm not goong to get that online. Thank you once again For your advice and opinions, grately appreciated x

hi,
So here's my thinking... Sooo really want to rake my NVQ level 3 in Sep as just completing my level 2 and absolutely loved it!
The problem is that it's a 3 day course at my local college and sadly I cannot afford to give up work to attend it. I also have three children that are too young to be left.
Soooo I've started to look online at private course and have stumbled across The Beauty Academy's Level 3 Course (general) electrical facial, massage etc...
my thinking is, the course sounds perfect for my lifestyle, family work commitments at present...if I were to take the Beauty Academy course and top it up as I'm going along, with Day courses, evening classes (Swedish massage, Indian Head Massage) will this be a credible option for me?

I am hoping to get a part time position within a salon as well as working from home a little next year. Would this course be sufficient?

Would be really interested to hear your thoughts and advice anything you can help me with really, I would be hugely grateful.
Thank you in advance x

Hi, I've just finished my level three at Beautec academy in Loughton Essex. It's only one day a week and the tutor is fab.

Have a look at them.

If you're able to travel a bit further, London et al. then it's still worth googling for private courses.

The beauty academy has good reviews to be fair. I still think it's worth shopping around though.

Hello I run training courses in Chelmsford. Courses are VTCT qualifications one day per week.

Please let me know if you would like any further information, thank you.

Hi, I've just finished my level three at Beautec academy in Loughton Essex. It's only one day a week and the tutor is fab.
Thank you I have looked online and it's a little too far for me but it looks brilliant. Glad that you had such a good experience. Slightly worried about the amount of brain power I need to find for level 3!!

The Beauty Academys training is poor in my opinion. I know someone who trained with them and to pass her assessments all she had to do was provide photographs of her work. This is not a valid way of assessment. You'll be cheating yourself going to them!

The Beauty Academys training is poor in my opinion. I know someone who trained with them and to pass her assessments all she had to do was provide photographs of her work. This is not a valid way of assessment. You'll be cheating yourself going to them!

Wow! Did she not have to attend for a final assessment in person? What was the treatment/qualification she was training for?

Latest posts

Back