NVQ or city and guilds????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky vicky

Reaction score
Hi everyone i need a bit of help from you beauty therapists out there!!

I have done my NVQ for my nail extentions and now want to get the NVQ level 2 beauty therapy. I have done an intensive course a year ago with Herts And Essex and they were brilliant ,now they do a city and guild which they say is the equivalent to the NVQ and it wouldn't cost me as much as i've done the expensive training stuff just need to pay for assesments!!
If i want to do the NVQ at Calton Institute it's guna cost me around £1500 to £2000 cos i have to do a 6 day course again! is it worth the money??
The only other option is to go to collage for a year full time which i can't really do with 2 kids and being the single mum thing!

So any advice would be good

slightly confussed Vicky!!!!

Hi Vicky

What you could do is see if your local college do the course your after part time. Quite a few do for the mature student lol Im going to be one of them next year :D

Hope you get what your after. Good for you enjoying learning it's addictive isn't it!

Take care xx

I did my beauty therapy level 2 at evening classes in a local school an extension of the city college in Leeds, 1 night a week and each section ie : manicure / pedicure / extensions / make up etc...were all seperate with one exmam fee at the end it took me about 8 months to complete level 2 and had to study nail extrnsions sepaerate with creative the whole level 2 nvq coarse cast me about £90. So maybe consider evening classes !!!!!! good look!!!!!

Thanks for your answers! maybe i'm a bit impatient and like to get things done yesterday. the thought of having to wait till next september and then doing a whole year seems such a waste of time !!! I know I can do it and am insured to do it now but just for my own peace of mind and to be recognised by employers i want to know whats the best way to go !!!:irked:

i did it part time last year 2 nights per week 7 hours per week

That sounds ok ! my ideal course would be a couple of days a week during the day cos i don't have any good baby sitters for a year starting next week ha ha !! still need advice on the NVQ or city and guilds problem?

With the Herts and Essex I am not sure but I do know with the nails you had to put in for and start your city and guilds within 6 weeks of the nail course.

I did a nail course with Herts and Essex last year.

I did not do it in the end as I really did not know enough about the nails, so I did a course with ezflow and spent my money like this.

Caz xxx

Im currently doing beauty therapy NVQ L2 on a saturday Morning - its a 35 week course with lots of homework - im really enjoying it, ive been to gmex, & im doing St Tropez tanning course as extra thing with the college, also it gets me out a bit & to meet new people - will you have to wait until september though for next one to start?? best thing to do really is to ring local colleges & speak to tutors, shelley xx

Latest posts

Back