NVQ qualified, but no e-file certification

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suzy_SLW

Reaction score
Hi,

I passed my NVQ in nail enhancements back when I was a teenager. We didn’t get certified in the E file.

However, I do already use the Efile on my own nails.

Do I need to be certified in order to use one on public? Or will insurance cover this?

I would have thought so? I always try to think of a worst case scenario. A client tries to sue you for damaging her nail or slicing her skin with the e file. Insurance asks to see you're qualified to use it to prove you did everything correctly & you're stuck. Some one may say otherwise though x

I would do the qualification

Would you go to a hairdresser who hadn't actually completed a qualification? Or a surgeon who had just watched a few videos? Of course not.

You can do a lot of damage with a handfile, and you can do a heck of a lot more damage with an efile. Get the training.

Would you go to a hairdresser who hadn't actually completed a qualification? Or a surgeon who had just watched a few videos? Of course not.

You can do a lot of damage with a handfile, and you can do a heck of a lot more damage with an efile. Get the training.

You make fair points, but please refrain from sounding so rude.

It's pretty straightforward to get your efile certification and well worth it insurance wise. Have you found a training provider near you?

It's pretty straightforward to get your efile certification and well worth it insurance wise. Have you found a training provider near you?
There is one I’ve found in Derby, as I live in Nottingham.

I’ve looked on SalonGold for insurance, it doesn’t seem to have any fine details as to what I’d be covered for. Just nail enhancements, cutting and shaping nails, plus paraffin wax

I’ve looked on SalonGold for insurance, it doesn’t seem to have any fine details as to what I’d be covered for. Just nail enhancements, cutting and shaping nails, plus paraffin wax
I'm insured with Salon Gold too. I've had to query a few things in the past as some of the wording on the policy seemed a little vague but it seems that they will only cover you for procedures/treatments that you have approved training in (although not necessarily brand specific), so if you are wanting to use your email-file on your clients you really would need to do the training. I just completed an e-file course last week through INK London and found it very helpful

It’s unlikely that you’ll be covered by your insurance provider. They won’t pay out if you’re providing a service you have no training in.

I wouldn’t even consider using an efile on a client without undertaking the necessary training first. It’ll also put clients at ease as some have had bad experiences and it’s good to be able to reassure them that you’re fully qualified.

Latest posts

Back