NVQ Units BT7 (providing a manicure) and BT8 (providing a pedicure)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Ok so I have just joined but have been reading posts and everyone on here seems very informed and helpful so I thought i'd give you all a shout and see if I could get some advise! :green:

Basically next week (Friday 31st) I'm doing my NVQ Units BT7 providing a manicure treatment and BT8 providing a pedicure treatment at the Carlton Institute of Beauty Therapy, Windsor.

Im fine with the assesment part but Im dead worried about the exam. Just wondred if someone could give me and idea of how hard it is and how much I have to revise?
I've been driving myself bonkers trying to remember where the soleus muscle is and what the electricity work regulations are etc and its like so much information!

Also wanted to ask, I have always given my clients the Client Record Cards and asked them to fill out the personal information Name address etc then taken it back and completed the condition part myself, is this acceptable in the exam?

Thanks!
Amy

I'm doing my NVQ Units BT7 providing a manicure treatment and BT8 providing a pedicure treatment at the Carlton Institute of Beauty Therapy, Windsor.
Also wanted to ask, I have always given my clients the Client Record Cards and asked them to fill out the personal information Name address etc then taken it back and completed the condition part myself, is this acceptable in the exam?

Thanks!
Amy

I was told by carlton( i also trained there) and in my nvq pack from them that you only need photocopies and they only need their name, treatment and date on as due to data protection they cant see any of the other info on the clients ( ie address d.o.b )

Good luck and welcome to the site:)

hth

Hiya!

I completed all my NVQ portfolio and passed it (phew!) just going back for the final assesment, I assume you have done all that already?
So (assuming youve been there done that:p!) brutally honest how hard was it? When I went down their for my course it was very relaxed and they were very helpful but Im assuming its going to be more intense for the final part.
I am so sick of looking at pictures of groos nail conditions lol!
Ami

Hiya!

I completed all my NVQ portfolio and passed it (phew!) just going back for the final assesment, I assume you have done all that already?
So (assuming youve been there done that:p!) brutally honest how hard was it? When I went down their for my course it was very relaxed and they were very helpful but Im assuming its going to be more intense for the final part.
I am so sick of looking at pictures of groos nail conditions lol!
Ami

To be honest it wasnt as bad as i thought, i had more probs with my portfolio than anthing else, i would just look at it and get brain freeze and shove it back in the drawer:lol:

The atmosphere was the same as when i did my initial training i know what you mean about pics used to have nightmares lol

Just relax and dont worry about it the more you stress the harder it is!!

You will do fine hun.:hug:

Ha ha I know EXACTLY what you mean that portfolio scared the hell out of me!!! I only completed it a few months ago despite having it for a year!!! My final incentive was i needed the nvq to do the artficial nails which most of my clients want and hey you got to give the client what they want!
Great to know its fairly relaxed. My model is my best mate but when i practice on her and try and be all formal about the consultation she gets a fit of the giggles :rolleyes: seriously hoping she doesnt do that in the exam LOL! :lol:

Ami

For the exams make sure you know all the A&P including the skin. Contraindications. How the nails grows. Chances are you'll have to label diagrams of the structure of the nail too.

Basically everything you have been taught is likely to come up in some shape or form so revise, revise, revise!!

Pure is spot on also dont forget to revise a diagram of the skin and learn the names in the correct order.
Things that effect the growth of the nails and the effects of massage on skin.

If any of you have been told that you can be assessed while providing nail services on your friends, you had better hope that an External Verifier does not look too closely at your portfolio or decide to 'sample' your assesment.

Real assessments sould be carried out on genuine paying clients in a genuine salon environment!

My portfolio was all completed professionally but my assessment is going to be at the college not in a salon and I was told to bring a model and it has not been stated to me that she either needs to pay or be someone I dont know. Infact surely it has to be someone I know to invite them lol

Ami

hi im thinking of doing this course to chick ! im doing nvq make up with them at the mo . im finding putting the portfolio together difficult too .the instructions arnt that great .they seem relaxed there i think . just revise the revision sheets they gave u . i started mine in jan , hoping to finish b4 this jan tho! hehe

Latest posts

Back