NVQ vs. regular accredited & insurance covered courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWeezeh

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to do a complete nail technician course but there are so many options available with a range of prices.

I understand certain qualifications are not insured and some are, but what is the difference in doing an NVQ over a full nail tech course (which is accredited and insurable)

I'm considering doing the NVQ VTCT Level 2 Nail Technology course with the beauty academy, but I see no reviews online for this course.
What I want to know is although I would be gaining an NVQ, would the standard be just as good as other providers?

If not, does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations of courses that would allow me to get a job in the nail industry?

Thanks in advance for any help

Hiya, I've just finished an accredited insurance intensive short course and I wish I'd just done an NVQ. While I was taught the skills I dont feel adequately prepared to operate wisely. I've got a lot of reading and self teaching to do and I expect I'll end up spending money on NVQ next year.

If you live in an area where the local council has introduced licensing regulations, you’ll need an NVQ level 2 or equivalent qualification to work. It’s impossible to predict but I wonder if post Covid-19, more councils will introduce stricter requirements?

Latest posts

Back