nvq

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura hunter

Reaction score
hi,another question,ive been trying to find somewhere that i could do an nvq but stuck,does anyone happen to know of any colleges doing it in the edinburgh area,prob not as noticed most of u are further south,worth a try though

laura x

Itis my understanding that in Scotland it is Scotvec but similar to NVQ. Mum will have to answer this one for you.

thanks,i realised this after i posted the thread, going to look into this for def
but i looked again at college info and there is a svq nail technicians course,the course is 1 year

laura x

Different name, but I do believe they follow the same criteria.

Identicle!! :biggrin:

Hi Laura,

I'm from Larbert, Who is doing the 1 yr course, is it day time or evening?

Anyone else out there from our neck of the woods? any info greatly rec'd

Thanks Lorna

hi lorna, the courses i saw were at colleges in edinburgh, ive still to contact them to see if they are actually to svq standard,when i find out more ill let u know

laura x

Just wondering if anyone ever found a Scotvec course or equivalent being run at any of the Edinburgh colleges? For some reason my searches are coming up empty! I know Edinburgh has nail technicians ... and some of them must have recognised Certificates?? I loved my Creative course and intend to take more, but am also interested in the NVQ equivalent courses - particularly if they are eventually going to become mandatory for licensing purposes.

Cheers

Julie

Jewel & Esk Valley College are running an SVQ course in Nail Care which starts January/February. It's £160 plus £30 for kit. The course lasts for 5 months and is one evening a week. They will be running a course in Artificial Nails from September which the Nail Care course is a pre-requisite of.

Cheers

Julie

I've sent in my application for the Nail Care course and all going well with then do the Artificial Nails course. Is there anyone else in the Edinburgh/Lothians who fancies coming along? It would be just like the thing if it was cancelled due to poor numbers .... mind you on saying that, don't want it to get too full and I can't get a place!

Latest posts

Back