NVQ2 Dilemma on GP Referral-please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debra-Elle

Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me. I trained with Carlton Institute last year and am in process of submitting my portfolio for assessment but one of the case studies I have to complete is of an acne sufferer with GP referral. Does NVQ2 generally need a case study with a signed letter from GP for this or would a letter from client stating that she has spoken to GP and he has referred do. I don't know how I am going to get round this.:!:

Thanks, brilliant site.

Did the GP refer her to you? If so thats quite an impressive G.P!
I should imagine that they do not need a letter from her G.P. Probably your best bet would be to give your tutor a call and ask her what the correct protocol is. Good luck with your results.

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me. I trained with Carlton Institute last year and am in process of submitting my portfolio for assessment but one of the case studies I have to complete is of an acne sufferer with GP referral. Does NVQ2 generally need a case study with a signed letter from GP for this or would a letter from client stating that she has spoken to GP and he has referred do. I don't know how I am going to get round this.:!:

Thanks, brilliant site.
When I did my NVQ all that was required was a letter from a client stating that she was fine to go ahead with whatever treatment,due to her treatment being under controle.

No doctor would refer a client to you, Carrie we are NOT medically qualified therefore why would any doctor refer a client to us??

Case studies were/are part of any NVQ,it sounds as though what you are being asked for is a client who has acne ,who has been to a GP and who has been given the go ahead for salon treatments.Either verbally or written.Acne is NOT life threatening therefore a written consent would NOT be required.

By all means clarify this with your tutor but this is what I would recommend,hth:green:

Sorry Babs, I know we are not medically qualified. Still no reason for a forward thinking doc not to recommend our services. I have Physiotherapists and cosmetic surgeons that recognise how are work compliments theirs.
Hope I didn't offend.

Latest posts

Back