NVQ3 Beauty Therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, Im doing my NVQ in Sept and really looking forward to it maybe we could share the highs and lows,Im doing mine in the evening though,you?Teresa

Excellent - we can share!!:green:

Yes I am doing the evening course too - every Wednesday and Thursday 6-9pm. It does mean that it's going to be really intensive and the thing I think I will find the hardest is all the A&P we have to learn.

If anyone can recommend good books and/or sites to help with studying the A&P , would be great.:)

Think that is normally a separate unit but is normally covered (may be an optional unit) on level 3 I believe - good luck!
Electrolysis is usually taught as part of level 3,however different colleges teach different units,for example we were NOT taught enhancements as part of our level 3,yet I know of some that have had that included.

Level 3 for me consisted of facial/body electrical treatments,understanding electricity i.e galvanic/faradic,spa treatments,i.e sauna,spa(understanding the chemicals that need to be added and what they do)management,fitness and nutrition I.e devising a diet plan for several individuals,some with special needs,and devising an exercise plan,electrolysis was also included.

I doubt you will cover electrolysis though given that you will only be doing 3 hours,twice a week.I dont think they would have time to cover that unit,which is unfortunate but you could train in this at a later date so it's not a problem.

I'm only guessing though,and as I said all colleges are different though you will definately cover electrical treatments for face and body as this is a routine part of Level 3 and what any salon owner would expect froma level 3 qualified therapist.HTH

I will be learning Nutrition on my Holistics course this year. Its meant to be interesting

The very very best of luck with your NVQ L3 Corse hun xxxx:hug:

Hi
Im starting NVQ3 part time evening this September and cant wait
Teresa

Latest posts

Back