NVQ3 query about different routes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMills

Reaction score
hi geeks, firstly I hope I've put this on the right forum. Sorry if I haven't. I'm nvq2 beauty therapy trained and would dearly love to do my nvq3, however I would love to go do the massage route for it. Am I right in thinking that you can either study this qualification as general, massage or make up? And if so, do different colleges choose to teach one of the 3. My husbands.in the army so we move around and I'm trying to get my head round how it works. Thanks so much girls x

Your best choice is to email your local college. That's what i did. I wanted to go the nail route but they never had that option.
P.s. I am also a military wife!

Oh wow, I wonder how many other military wives there are on here. Thank u for ur reply,it made complete sense to contact the colleges, but it never occured to me! X

The following level 3 qualifications exist (this is me naming a few of the popular ones):

NVQ 3 Beauty Therapy (general route)

NVQ 3 Beauty Therapy (massage route)

NVQ 3 Beauty Therapy (make up route)

NVQ 3 Nail Services

Level 3 Diploma in Complementary Therapies (this is similar to the NVQ 3 massage route but it may be of interest in that I believe it covers reflexology whereas the NVQ 3 massage route doesn't)

A lot of it comes down to what your local college offers but I think its important to get the qualification that's right for you so I definately recommend looking around for the beauty therapy massage route course as I believe it's very popular :)

ETA: Most colleges will be listing their courses on their websites at the moment :)

Hello!

I'm in Andover too (and a Millitary Wife)

Andover College are running the year long Swedish Massage course, it's £190 for the whole course (they've secured funding for over 21's next year) I've enrolled for it, it's Weds evenings 6-9pm.

Michelle x

I will be a RAF wife in 15 days!

I did the NVQ3 Massage route but I really wish I'd done the general route as most salons these days will not hire you if you do not have electrics qualifications and I now can not afford to do a just electrics course with my local college because 1 I can't afford it and 2 its a complete rip off £1000 for like a 3 week course...NO THANK YOU!!! I'll try and find a salon that is happy to hire me then put me on an electrics course that doesnt cost the earth!

But remember, this is just my own opinion!!

Leanne
X

Latest posts

Back