NXT colour reviews?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairs&Gracies

Reaction score
I'm a freelance hairdresser and visited my wholesalers today and was talking about colours and she asked why I chose wella...personally it's the brand I've always used throughout training and in both previous salons I've worked in so I'm completely at ease with them.
She recommended NXT as there very good value for money...the price and big sized tubes just scream cheap and perhaps not very good? I would love to save money, and was wondering if anyone uses this brand/ tried and what they thought. They seem on similar lines as wella as in colour range.
I may go on there introduction day as its £10 to see what I think.
Much appreciated if anyone has any info good or bad.

I had this happen to me this week!! I went in to buy matrix and nxt was pushed on me they even gave me a free tube to try, I haven't read very good reviews on it and abit scared to use it on any of my clients in case they complain,
They did say about education but wanted me to pay £12+vat .......I think I'll stick to matrix!

I use nxt and also wella ...I find the nxt colours perfectly acceptable. However I would say the chocolate browns are not as rich as say wella . However the lighter colours are much better than wella in my opinion as they cover grey soooo much better !
I tend to use anything below a 6 base in wella and anything over a 6 in nxt ! The joys of being mobile haha

I use nxt and also wella ...I find the nxt colours perfectly acceptable. However I would say the chocolate browns are not as rich as say wella . However the lighter colours are much better than wella in my opinion as they cover grey soooo much better !
I tend to use anything below a 6 base in wella and anything over a 6 in nxt ! The joys of being mobile haha

Hi Laura, I have just bought a tube of nxt today to begin patch testing my clients as currently using wella (have been for 17yrs) need to try and lower costs though and my wholesaler recommended nxt. Reviews are worrying me though, do you find the colour fades? To be honest sometimes the wella colours fade quickly but wondered how you found the staying power of nxt? Do you think the reds are bad too as not read a good report about the reds?

I tried switching from wella to nxt on a few colours.. never again! Tried with bases firstly, coverage isn't as great as wella and the colour washes out straight away don't waste you money you get what you pay for. Your clients will notice straight away.

I'm a freelance hairdresser and visited my wholesalers today and was talking about colours and she asked why I chose wella...personally it's the brand I've always used throughout training and in both previous salons I've worked in so I'm completely at ease with them.
She recommended NXT as there very good value for money...the price and big sized tubes just scream cheap and perhaps not very good? I would love to save money, and was wondering if anyone uses this brand/ tried and what they thought. They seem on similar lines as wella as in colour range.
I may go on there introduction day as its £10 to see what I think.
Much appreciated if anyone has any info good or bad.

Hey, I have recently moved over to NXT from wella, for exact same reasons, cost and tube size. I was worried as reviews weren’t great that I read, however, I’ve been really pleasantly surprised. I’m finding the base shades great, good coverage and lasting well. I haven’t used any red lines yet though so can’t comment on them. The blondes are good, still getting my head round the numbers as I like my 12/89 and 10/16 in wella, 12/89 is brill in NXT. I find the NXT darker shades are warmer than wella, such as 6/1 etc, there is a new line in NXT with 6/8, 7/8 etc, I need to try these as they’re are called Matt which is meant to be cooler as it has a green undertone, I’m wondering if this will be my equivalent to 6/1 etc. I am going on the £12 introduction course at my local Capital wholesalers, really looking forward to getting my head round the band. So far I’m really impressed, don’t let bad reviews put you off, try it, I think you’ll be happy with it. The metallic range is good too. You have to mix colour 15mins before application though. Good luck with it all.

I love NXT have used for years. The /00 ' are great for grey coverage. And the beiges /13 are lovely within a bleach foiling.
I used wella for my reds as much intense and richer.
Schwarzcoft for the the fun colours.
But mainly the NXT.
I do not charge any less for this so great for a freelancer. X

Latest posts

Back