Ocean Wave and Black Shadow Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail angel 67

Reaction score
I have recently bought both of these colours (royal blue and black tones) and find they are VERY transparent and I have to apply at least 3, if not 4 layers of colour. Is it me or does anyone else find this too? It probably happens with other colours too but I don't have that many at the moment. I know we have to layer colours extremely thin but I wish they didn't have to be so transparent as it obviously takes longer to apply :sad:

I have recently bought both of these colours (royal blue and black tones) and find they are VERY transparent and I have to apply at least 3, if not 4 layers of colour. Is it me or does anyone else find this too? It probably happens with other colours too but I don't have that many at the moment. I know we have to layer colours extremely thin but I wish they didn't have to be so transparent as it obviously takes longer to apply :sad:

It doesn't really take that much longer to apply. I can get away with 2 coats with black shadow. With ocean wave I do 3 coats to get that nice bright blue. With any of the gel polishes on the market, you will find that with some colours you have to do 3 thin coats to get the colour. If you do ANY colour and it looks transparent after 2 coats, then apply a third coat; makes alot of difference.

Yep I have those colours they are quite transparent... I do 3 thin coats of most of my colours as I think you get a much nicer end result :) xx

OK thanks geeks. At least I know it's not just me :biggrin:

Yep I have those colours they are quite transparent... I do 3 thin coats of most of my colours as I think you get a much nicer end result :) xx

Same here. :wink2:

Caution (bright blue)covers better

Latest posts

Back