October blues!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautique150589

Beauty Salon owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I opened my beautiful salon last November and it has been such an amazing success so far but I have suddenly reached abit of a stand still this month. Its very quiet and the phone doesn't seem to be ringing for appointments. As its my first year in the salon I am still getting used to everything and figuring out which months are busier than others. I'm guessing October is quiet as its between summer and Christmas? Please can everybody give me their feedback on this, is everybody else a little quieter this month?

Thanks Sarah. X

Use this time as the calm before the storm! Everything picks up in the run up to christmas for most. Use the time to ensure books are up to date, salon is clean, get your marketing organised, anything else that you never seem to find the time to get done.

Are you advertising?

We find we advertise, are super busy, forget to rerun our ad and have a slump.

Every time we advertise we notice a difference.

Last week was Leicester half term and this week is pretty much the rest of the country so as we're slap bang between the 2 we've really noticed it. We used the quiet last week to switch over to a different software provider and did a 20% off all retail which has really eased our bottom line.

Vic x

Are you advertising?

Last week was Leicester half term and this week is pretty much the rest of the country so as we're slap bang between the 2 we've really noticed it. We used the quiet last week to switch over to a different software provider and did a 20% off all retail which has really eased our bottom line.

Vic x

that's fab, what advertising do you do?

Are you advertising?

Vic x
Did you change from saloniris? Or another type of software :p

Are you advertising?

Vic x
I'm ticking over but would like to be a bit busier, I've tried all sorts of advertising which hasn't really worked, what do you find works for you Vic?

xx

ive tried offers off treatments in less busy months.

We have a local A5 mag that gets delivered free to about 30,000 houses locally every Wednesday. We're very isolated in a village about 5 miles from the nearest small town so this is a great medium for us. It's not cheap. We do 1/3 page which is about £150 per issue but the first time we did it we got about 19 new clients! We try and do it monthly.

Absolutely no other salon advertises in there and if they do it's usually a really small one.

I always say that advertising needs to be regular and steady. You need to keep doing it but you need to monitor what works. We have a question on our consultation forms asking how new clients heard about us. I asked one lady and she said "oh I don't know. Everywhere" which is perfect. We do Facebook as well but our target market is really business women and ladies who lunch plus the silver pound. The old girls love us lol. Not many of them are prolific on Facebook so although we're there its not the backbone of our business.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back