October is too quiet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki-Marie

Reaction score
This october for me has not been a good one. Ive been so quiet! Has anyone else been feeling it this month? x

Yes me definitely. After a full appointment book in July and Aug I am suddenly half full in September and this month so far is dia!

I am racking my brains on some pro-advertising. I have one or two new treatments plus a new facial range so I am thinking of doing a news letter with the info with some sort of special offer included for anyone who rings from this news letter. I am just hoping I pick up soon. :(

hi!
i recently joined a salon, well 7 months ago, and before i arrived the previous staff left and opened a new salon literally around the corner, they were horrible people and the owner of my salon didnt deserve it.
so obviously that has had an effect, not so much as theyve taken our customrs, more that its given us a bad reputation for staff creating a bad atmosphere which it was like that for a good few months beofre they left. we have a new team now and a gret atmoshpere, but we need ideas for good marketing.....any help?

Yes its the same for me too....but looking at the diary for November its different,it looks fuller.

October is a strange month...people will then try and book in at the last minute though...but then as a nail tech and therapist you have to accomodate to survive:)

That's because everyone's saving their pennies for Xmas ... wait and see, the festive season should be mega busy.

I think I chose not a good month to open my little salon.:irked:

Although Ive had a few walk ins from the salon down stairs and I have at least earnt enough to pay my rent and cover costs, word is spreading:) so for me I have to hope it's going to get better!!

A newsletter is something ive always thought of doing, but never got round to. Its got me thinking i may start doing one.
My salon sign has finally gone up after being in my premises for two years and a lettings agency has gone and stuck a big bright red 'TO LET' sign right smack bang infront of it. (the flat above my salon is up for rent) so not only is it blocking my brand new sign, it gives the impression my salon premises is up for let. Im waiting for it to be re placed. I was not a happy bunny.
There should be light at the end of the tunnel for us all come christmas time. busy busy bees. x

October ....always a good month to update your skills and take a couple of courses, that way you will knock em dead at Christmas and be booked up x

October has generally been an inbetween month for me....just after summer....not quite Christmas booking time, but I am very happy to say that I am verging on the fully booked....last week was fabulous, this week is looking good too....a few new enhancement clients on board this week and last so not just one offs, bread and butter clients is what we need and my targewt market seems to be coming to fruition (ladies 30+ with disposable income).....word is getting out lol....it's taken time though, my salon has been open for about 20 months now.......lets' hope it filters through to the doldrums of Jan and Feb!

Don't dispair.....as with all business ventures the length of time you have been trading and reputation is a big factor.....I've been through the doldrums so I know exactly where you're coming from......passion, integrity and fab service will get you out there.:hug:

Its been a bad month for me too, didn't have any work for two weeks, wasn't good. Minimist broke so had to get it fixed, lost £100 in business cos of that too.

November is much busier for me, December no doubt will be busier still!

October has generally been an inbetween month for me....just after summer....not quite Christmas booking time, but I am very happy to say that I am verging on the fully booked....last week was fabulous, this week is looking good too....a few new enhancement clients on board this week and last so not just one offs, bread and butter clients is what we need and my targewt market seems to be coming to fruition (ladies 30+ with disposable income).....word is getting out lol....it's taken time though, my salon has been open for about 20 months now.......lets' hope it filters through to the doldrums of Jan and Feb!

Don't dispair.....as with all business ventures the length of time you have been trading and reputation is a big factor.....I've been through the doldrums so I know exactly where you're coming from......passion, integrity and fab service will get you out there.:hug:

Brill mate glad it's all working out for you:hug:
btw when were you going to tell us you are now an EzFlow Educator??
(I just noticed the signature!! xx)

Brill mate glad it's all working out for you:hug:
btw when were you going to tell us you are now an EzFlow Educator??
(I just noticed the signature!! xx)
I passed out...almost literally on 4th October (I did request paramedics on the presentation)! It was very hard work and I had no beer for almost a whole week!

I passed out...almost literally on 4th October (I did request paramedics on the presentation)! It was very hard work and I had no beer for almost a whole week!
LOL!

Well Done you xxx

Totally deserved, and I am (as you know:lol:) over the moon for you Cathie xx

:lol::lol::lol:
Thats pure dedication hun:hug:

Congratulations Cathie ... :)

Well Done xxx:hug:

Well done Cathie

October has been exceptionally quite, but I agree with whats been said about people saving up for xmas and it should start to pick up

Hi Im new to this site. I googled "Why is my salon so quiet " and came across this site. So Im not on my own wondering why its so quiet. I've delivered 500 leaflets in the last 2 weeks and still no joy. Hope it picks up soon, got to keep the bank manager happy.

Couldn't be any worse at the moment, its why I'm always here.
Hopefully you'll get a bit of peace when things pick up:)

Latest posts

Back