odd question - moles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcadianarcas

Reaction score
can anyone tell me why moles develop???? is it a deficiency of sorts??? or what??

Ive always had many moles but over the last year ive had so many develop its horrendous. they are showing by the week, they are growing, some are flat, others very meaty. I usualy check them all frequently as ive had a few removed from being large and just worrying and im forever at the doctors double checking more.

basicly im asking in case something can be donne to stop them... im a human dot - to- dot and getting worried.

can anyone tell me why moles develop???? is it a deficiency of sorts??? or what??

Ive always had many moles but over the last year ive had so many develop its horrendous. they are showing by the week, they are growing, some are flat, others very meaty. I usualy check them all frequently as ive had a few removed from being large and just worrying and im forever at the doctors double checking more.

basicly im asking in case something can be donne to stop them... im a human dot - to- dot and getting worried.

I think it's due to hormonal changes; natural ones like adolescence and preganancy and not-so-natural ones like the pill!

I have lots of moles, I love them! Apparently the average amount to have is about 10-40, I think I must have lots more! It's the ones that have a larger circumference than half a centimetre that are cause for concern and the only two I have that are of this size are on my left underarm (nearly all women in my family have two moles on their left underarm....how neat?!) so they're not exposed to much.

I don't know much more than this about moles, so have googled it for you and come up with.....

Moles

some good info in there!

Oh and an ex-boyfriend of mine told me moles were "kisses from the Gods for beautiful women" (but I think he was just trying to get into my pants at the time!)

thnaks for the info. i will take time to read it all tonight. my moles are way above 40. last time i tried counting i gave up when i reached 100 and many more have apeared since.

I have 4 moles with a circunference of aproximatly 1.5 centimeters and those are the ones im constantly monitoring . Supose its just one of those interesting things that ive always wondered.

Thank you for the link

Im not sure why we have them but just to put your mind at rest you are not on your own, i have hundreds of them and more keep appearing, i swear i am going to wake up one day and no longer be white, just one big mole lol

I also have a lot of moles, my husband and I counted them one day and we got to 150 before we got fed-up!! I think I have about 30 on my face, neck and scalp alone including one inbetween my eyebrows, one boyfriend asked me when i decided to become a Sikh.

I just keep a good eye on them. I'd only get worried if they changed colour, shape or started weeping. I have a few raised ones on and around my bikini line and underarm which make me nervous when I get waxed.

When I was little my parents told me the doctor was drunk when he gave me my birthmark, I have a large raised mole just by my temple in my hairline. For years I thought you were stamped at birth until I talked about it in class when I was about 10 and was made fun of lol

If you're not sure about them see the doctor - thats's what he's there for, and let's face it he gets paid enough. There are special clinics you can be referred to that specialize in checking moles - maybe ask your GP about one of those.

Has anyone ever had any removed?

I have moles and personally hate them!!

Latest posts

Back