Odourless Acrlylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Mrs Geek

Just starting out after a CND foundation course...what do you mean by `no patting´, sorry for being dense.

Thanks, it is taking me ages at the mo, but I guess and hope in time I'll be able to create less smell!

Deb379

crystal100 said:
Hi Mrs Geek

Just starting out after a CND foundation course...what do you mean by `no patting´, sorry for being dense.
Not dense ;) - When we teach we generally teach you to 'press and smooth' when applying L+P but many teks get into the habit of placing a bead on the nail and wiping their brush immediately afterwards on a towel; they get so used to this that it's 'place bead, pat and wipe, place bead, pat and wipe' - each time you wipe you are ridding your brush of valuable liquid that needs to be injected into the bead to keep it pliable so that you can move it into place! Does this make sence??? NO PATTING!!! ;)

Thanks..yeah...makes sense about `patting´now that you've explained. I was taught to press and smooth the bead.

Ok now we are getting some great answers. Especially yours Sam. That explains entirely why Creative haven't come on board. Let's hope though they do find the technology.

Mrs Geek Thanks for that - The college I went to used to be a Creative college but Creative couldn't keep the supply of product up to the students needs and so they had to change their product useage. I was always told the majority of our course was creative based education though. The information you have left here is great thanks.

I will definately be expressing these concerns to the salon owner and let her know that I will do everything to keep my odour levels down (She is used to going into an NSS salon and wants odourless cause she said the smell makes her sick NO WONDER!) But unfortunately when using acrylic products I won't be jeopardising my work or mine or my clients health for the sake of odourless acrylic.

I wont be seeing her until at least next week but I'll let you know how I go.

:eek:

Jadey :)

taintz said:
Ok now we are getting some great answers. Especially yours Sam. That explains entirely why Creative haven't come on board. Let's hope though they do find the technology.

Mrs Geek Thanks for that - The college I went to used to be a Creative college but Creative couldn't keep the supply of product up to the students needs and so they had to change their product useage. I was always told the majority of our course was creative based education though. The information you have left here is great thanks.

I will definately be expressing these concerns to the salon owner and let her know that I will do everything to keep my odour levels down (She is used to going into an NSS salon and wants odourless cause she said the smell makes her sick NO WONDER!) But unfortunately when using acrylic products I won't be jeopardising my work or mine or my clients health for the sake of odourless acrylic.

I wont be seeing her until at least next week but I'll let you know how I go.

:eek:

Jadey :)

I have looked at this thread 3 times and i can not find why odourless monomer is not as good as not odoureless liquid i would like to know because i use odourless liquid on some of my customers .

I can only see takes a little bit longer for set many companys sell ourderless liquid if it was bad they would not sell .

The one thing i like about odurless liquid is if you are working in a beauty salon and you are doing a facial or hair that customer does not want to be smelling monomer .

I want to know why the difference is better for not odourless liquid .

Mui from Thailand

I prefer odorless products, because after doing nails for so long I have gotten tired of the smell of traditional acrylics. I think that some systems have a stronger smell than others, and some less. Clarite, by OPI was a nice odorless system I used once upon a time. I also have used the Tammy Taylor odorless system. But as Geeg stated the top layer of product does "roll' off when you're refining the enhancement, thus getting all over you and your clients hands. Odorless systems also are also tricky to tell when its dry, and are slower to work with. I plan to start using gels and wraps more, because I prefer not to have the acrylic odor in my salon either, and neither do my clients. Good Luck! Later!

Hey Mui,

Although odourless l&p doesnt smell... the performance can stink ;)

As a general rule, odourless L&P will discolour more and is usually not as strong.
I am sure there are some exceptions to the rule, but most manufacturers that have odourless systems still offer the 'scented' variety systems as they perform better.
Otherwise... why offer something that smells?

All this aside, I know that this is an important area for nail technicians and that there is a lot of R&D work in various companies to attempt to overcome these limitations.

Hope this helps

Sam sawasdee ka

I think but do not know for sure but many techs do not like the smell of monomer i think the customers do not like it the same .

For my salon the reason we have tried the oderless monomer is because we have a full service beauty salon with nails as only small part of our buissness and when some body is have a facial i think it is not good to have monomer smells in the salon but i will speak no body has said any thing bad i wear a mask i think it help me with the smell but that is only my choice i offer a mask to customers most do not want them .

B4 i had the smell very bad in the salon when i wipe my brush all the time and i did not put my lid on my monomer now we are doing this right i think the smell in the salon have come down by maybe 80 percent .

And when we had the very bad smells we had xxxx nails luiquid but that was the first product we start with now we have change it is better .

I think tammy taylor have a oderless system that many lady say is good in usa but we have not try the system .

Thank you mui

I have to say i don't mind the smell of some of them, but feel as Sam said the smelly ones do tend to work better. I also think that if a product doesn't smell you might not ventilate your room so well because you can't smell anything.

just my thought.

As nail teks I think that 'odour' is part & parcel of what we do.....arghhh - don't all shout at me at once!!!!

PS - I know tonnes of people who adore the smell of monomer... just my thoughts :confused: ;)

Mrs Geek said:
As nail teks I think that 'odour' is part & parcel of what we do.....arghhh - don't all shout at me at once!!!!

PS - I know tonnes of people who adore the smell of monomer... just my thoughts :confused: ;)

i love the smell of monomer.....i also love the smell of turps...windolene.....shoe polish etc

does that make me slightly weird????????????? :|

stanleyann

Excuse me all you hair dressers out there but there can't be a more obnoxious smell than perming solution unless it is acid perming solution!!!

Odour is part of what we do ... sometimes they are not s pleasent as perfume but for the sake of beauty we live with it. :lol:

Yes!!!! You're obviously (in the Glasgow vernacular) a 'Total nutter and bampot' and I think we would get along fantastically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fiona

OPI, NSI, and TAMMY TAYLOR all have an odorless acrylic system.
Diya

NSI 's Spa liquid is odourless

Latest posts

Back