Odourless Acrlylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taintz

Reaction score
Hello all,

I was just wondering if Creative has an odourless monomer?? I am looking into moving into a salon where the only demands are that I offer odourless acrylic and gel enhancements. Obviously Gel is easy but I did have my heart set on using Creative acrylic products.

Thanks

Jadey :confused:

Hello,

I would like to know that, too. I have heard that there is an odorless liquid from EzFlow but it is not as good as the "normal"... why is this so?? Why can`t there be a liquid that does not smell so strong...a lot of people do not like this smell....
what`s about the product ( I do not know the name) where you have to put one drop into the liquid and that does absorb the smell??? Does that work?? I have not tried it because I`m afraid of what would happen..maybe liftings or anything else..??

Diana

I dont know of any odourless monomers but you could try Extreme Glaze from Backscratchers. They are doing a trial kit on it at the moment (if you look at the thread entitled "Extreme Glaze" you'll get the telephone number to get some to try) and i know that a lot of people on the thread said that's why they like it: apart from it being easy to use its got no smell.

Having said that, its not a Creative product so you may not be interested.

Hope this helps.

Janosch1974 said:
Hello,

I would like to know that, too. I have heard that there is an odorless liquid from EzFlow but it is not as good as the "normal"... why is this so?? Why can`t there be a liquid that does not smell so strong...a lot of people do not like this smell....
what`s about the product ( I do not know the name) where you have to put one drop into the liquid and that does absorb the smell??? Does that work?? I have not tried it because I`m afraid of what would happen..maybe liftings or anything else..??

Diana

Believe itor not, Creative Retention+ and Radical monomers, are thicker than most and therefore have less odour than traditional monomers.

Having said that, if you are really conscious of the odour, then you are not manageing it as well as you could be. There is no need to make excessive odour. And there are very good ways of managing it.

The usual cause of excessive odour is wiping your brush on the paper on which you are working ... a no no ... and not a Creative technique at all.

Try wiping your brush (if you have to ) on a gauze pad that has a little ScrubFresh on it and never on your paper. This will absorb the monomer and reuce the odour by 70%.

The second most likely reason for excess odour is putting your rubbish in a plastic or open bin. Rubbish should always be stored in a metal bin with a lid. This will reduce odour by another 10%.

Your dappen dish should be covered at all times when not in use and should be made of glass with a glass lid.

I you really can't take even that little amount of odour, then try Brisa Gels. You get all the same benefits of R+ as well as no odour and it is compatable with everything else you use from the Creative range.

I have to offer both gels and acrylics I will also offer wraps but while the odour of acrylic monomers doesn't bother me in the slightest I will not be able to work at this place unless I use totally odourless products.

It seems to be the way EVERYONE is going so why on earth haven't creative designed a product that meets this need? How frustrating! :mad: :?:

Jadey :)

Dosnt NSI do an odourless acrlic??

Bodacious said:
Dosnt NSI do an odourless acrlic??
and I beleive OPI to a very low odour monomer aswell

taintz said:
I have to offer both gels and acrylics I will also offer wraps but while the odour of acrylic monomers doesn't bother me in the slightest I will not be able to work at this place unless I use totally odourless products.

It seems to be the way EVERYONE is going so why on earth haven't creative designed a product that meets this need? How frustrating! :mad: :?:

Well Creative do have an odourless system and that is Brisa Gels. If you have never tried them then you are in for a surprise. Brisa is not sticky, is hypoallergenic, applies very easily and is basically Retention+ in a gel format. Very different formulation to ANY other gel.

The reason why we do not make an oderless L/P is that oderless L/Ps are very easy to become allergic to. Because the top layer of all odourless systems is not completely cured, it is vrtualy impossble to file off this rubbery layer without getting the dust on your skin, and the dust is reactive and will try to react with YOU. Hands can feel warm, itchy and eventually one can become horribley allergic. I am sure there may be some people on this site who have had this experience ... I know of MANY not just a few.

Fabric# is also virtually odourless.

..can I ask do you have to do L&P why not just offer Gel and Fabric, if you are a good technician i would have thought your clients really wont mind which system is used alsong as the result is beautiful?

Fab Freak said:
..can I ask do you have to do L&P why not just offer Gel and Fabric, if you are a good technician i would have thought your clients really wont mind which system is used alsong as the result is beautiful?
i can understand why you feel u need to offer L&P coz it is so popular. i still think u'd be best off trying one of the quick nail systems (Extreme Powder Glaze by Backscratchers, for example) coz there is no smell at all.

...pS more than white gives the same look as L&P pink and whites, if this helps

There is one advertised in Ellisons catalogue which claim to be odourless "NOP" page 128 in the catalogue. Has anyone used it?

Whilst on the subject of pongs has anyone used an extractor fan with charcoal which sits on the desk?

Regards
Deb379

Guys this isn't by my choice - these are the rules of the salon owner and If I want to rent space there that is what I have to provide. Thanks for your help.

Can I ask what is meant by L&P?

Deb379

Liquid & Powder (acrylic) Hth.

Deb379 said:
Can I ask what is meant by L&P?

Deb379

Hi Deb!

L&P means "Liquid and Powder" :)

Have a great day!

CND has had the technology to make odourless monomers for quite some time. However, there is a performance penalty for making your monomer odourless that currently, CND wont accept (hence no odourless liquid). Once the technology matures more, new technology is created, or Doug can find a way to improve, you will not find an odourless monomer offering from CND.
There are many other odourless systems you can try (ie NOP by INM from Ellsions as was mentioned as well as others). Personally, I would use gel (epsecially Brisa as Gigi mentioned it uses the same base technology as Retention+).

Good luck

sawasdee ka

I use orderless and not orderless liquids yes the oderless has not the smell but if we do what geeg speak about put lid on dampen dish you can keep smell down with not orderless liquids .

The only difference i have from oderless and not oderless performance is the oderless set a little bit slower but for some nail tech that is good for them .

mui from Thailand

Tell me more about brisa gels, is it liquid form like Retention+. My family really complain about the smell, I've tucked myself into a spare room upstairs and even bought an extraction fan to stick on my desk from Rapid Electronics.

We were shown to put our brush into the liquid first off and then blot our brush on paper, then put in liquid again before we start. However, I will try your tip of scrubfresh.

Surely it's difficult keep putting the lid on your dish if you are in and out with the brush?
Deb379

Deb379 said:
Surely it's difficult keep putting the lid on your dish if you are in and out with the brush? Deb379
Hi Deb,
This is what was meant; Whilst prepping the nail, applying and blending in tips, this can take a while where as with fairly experienced teks, the L+P application can take less than 15 minutes (approx. minute per nail)! Now this means that potentially you should only have the lid off yuur dappen dish for 10 minutes / 15 minutes max!
There is a salon near me where there are 8 teks using L+P predominantly and you CAN NOT tell it's a nail salon due to lack of odour simply because of all the good rules they have in place: Metal bins, no patting and wiping plus SCULPTING WITH THEIR BRUSH & NOT THEIR FILES! The more perfect you make your enhancements, the less finishing you have to do; the happier your clients are; the less product you use; the more money you save!! HTH's!! ;)

Latest posts

Back