Odourless acrylic systems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitterstorm

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m still working my way through my nail tech course and we’re in acrylics (which I am having a hard time with). I’ve been trying to practice as much as possible on the fake hand at home, but family members have complained that the monomer smell is super pervasive - I’ve got the window in my room cranked wide open, even have a fan in front of my desk blowing towards said window. It doesn’t bother me so much (grew up going to anatomy dissection labs etc - nothing is as overpowering as formaldehyde full strength!!!!), but I’m concerned for husband and my dogs who probably are copping that scent x 10000 compared to us humans. I can’t practice in the garage - no space with cars in. Are there ANY odourless or as low odour as possible systems that people recommend? I know they set far slower, and there will be the tacky layer once set to be removed.

These vapours from the monomers are very toxic and dangerous to health, not only to your husband and dogs but to you. If you vent them outside they will also damage the environment and pollute the air. Odourless monomers produce the same toxic vapours and are more dangerous as you don't realise you are inhaling them. You need to invest in a good quality "capture at source" extraction/ventilation system that uses activated carbon filters that remove these vapours from the air. Take a look at Ravair Ltd, www.ravair.co.uk. there are many products available for different size rooms.

Latest posts

Back