Odourless acrylic.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strawberry chops

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone has tried N.O.P odourless acrylic system, and if you have can you give me some advice.I know it's completly different to use and when you file the surface rubs off like an eraser which I think I've mastered, but then when try to buff it up just keeps rubbing off and can't get any shine and the scratches out! Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks, jp.

Well it sounds to me as if the mix you are using is too wet and therefore, the nail you are making is a bit 'rubbery'!

I have had allot of experience with odour free products and if there is ever a product you need to have your mix ratio spot on with, it's with this type of product. Very very easy to become sensitive to odour free products. Wash hands frequently ... watch out for signs of itching. Clean your abrasives with a brush regularly.

One great trick with odour free products (if you can be bothered) is to cure by placing the fingers in warm (not hot) water. This makes a complete cure, with no rubbery 'roll off ' layer and therefore not as much risk of skin sensitization.

Thanks for advice, and funny you say about itching because for half an hour after finishing nails one hand was itching like mad, and that was after first time of using it! I usually use Odyssey l & p which I like but its just the smell. I have a salon in my house and family moan at me! Also just checking I wanted to try Creative nails l& p but is it right I can't purchase kit until I've done conversion course?
Thanks,
jp.

jane phillips said:
Thanks for advice, and funny you say about itching because for half an hour after finishing nails one hand was itching like mad, and that was after first time of using it! I usually use Odyssey l & p which I like but its just the smell. I have a salon in my house and family moan at me! Also just checking I wanted to try Creative nails l& p but is it right I can't purchase kit until I've done conversion course?
Thanks,
jp.

Itching is the first sign of overexposure. STOP using the product immediately or do the warm water cure always.

Creative L/P policy is that no one purchases the product until they have had a class in how to use it correctly. The class is free with the purchase of the kit.

They will also teach you how you can almost eliminate any odour in your house by just employing a few simple working practices..

Creative monomer is thicker than ordinary acrylic monomers and therefore evaporates more slowly making it a low odour monomer ... however it still does have a monomer-type smell when you can smell it.

I think I'll try creatives l & p and find out about course. Creative do Radical and retention whats the difference? Also trying to find uk website but only can find american! Can you let me know website please, thanks,
jp.

jane phillips said:
I think I'll try creatives l & p and find out about course. Creative do Radical and retention whats the difference? Also trying to find uk website but only can find american! Can you let me know website please, thanks,
jp.

Education LIne is 0113 275 5719 and ask to speak to an Academy Advisor.

The course is done using Retention+

WEbsite is www.designernails.com/education But you are best ringing the Academy line. Their job is to assist you in finding the right location nearest to you and to help you with any questions. they will also send you a brochure and info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back