Odourless Monomer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisajane

Reaction score
Do any nail tech's out there offer odourless acrylic systems when doing mobile services??

If you do, what brand sells them?

LJ

If you use the search facility, you'll find TONNES of info on this.
ALSO the reasons why many techs choose not to use them, as the odour is your friend and will tell you if you're working safely.

hth's

I don't offer them but NSI do them, their "Spa Aroma free" range. HTH I was told though when looking into using them that they aren't as good as in taking away the smell they alter the structure of the product.

I know the monomer can be a bit whiffy, but if you are using it safely so as not to over expose yourself it shouldn't be a problem. As Victoria said the smell is there to help you work safely.

Thanks guys!

But how does the smell make you work safely??

One way is if you're wiping too much on a paper towel and stuff. You shouldn't be, you should be wiping on the side of the monomer dish when you take out the brush.
Another thing I noted was trash cans with proper lids and not plastic ones as they are porous. So, proper disposal is an issue.
ANd keeping a lid on the monomer too.

fats28I know the monomer can be a bit whiffy, but if you are using it safely so as not to over expose yourself it shouldn't be a problem. As Victoria said the smell is there to help you work safely.

I cant take credit for this knowledge, I don't even do L&P.
I only recall the different things that I've read/learned on this forum.

hth's
:hug:

Ok thanks everyone!!

Star Nails do a virtually odourless monomer called VF21 LITE.It needs a UV light to cure but it is acrylic not gel.

Its great when you are learning because it gives you sacks of time to perfect your smile line.

It dosn't smell strong at all so if it's odourless you want maybe give it a try.HTH

One way is if you're wiping too much on a paper towel and stuff. You shouldn't be, you should be wiping on the side of the monomer dish when you take out the brush.
Another thing I noted was trash cans with proper lids and not plastic ones as they are porous. So, proper disposal is an issue.
ANd keeping a lid on the monomer too.

I cant take credit for this knowledge, I don't even do L&P.
I only recall the different things that I've read/learned on this forum.

hth's
:hug:

can you explain how then smell helps you work more safely????

Thanks everyone1 all advice been taken on board!! LJ

can you explain how then smell helps you work more safely????

Because if you smell too much of it, then you're not working with it as you should.
As I said earlier, I do NOT do L&P and nor have I trained in it.

If you use the search facility, you will find tonnes on this very subject.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I did try the NSI Spa aroma free liquid a while ago but I found it wasn't as good and also took years to set.

Latest posts

Back