Odyssey acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
Another question for my Newbie Encyclopedia.. :D

Flicking my Ellison's catalogue, I saw the pages for Odyssey acrylic. I'd never heard of them before (currently my little pink notebook covers CDN, EZ Flow, Star Nails.. who else have I missed out?) and was taken, magpie that I am, by the pretty picture of all their coloured and glitter powders :O

For the record, does anyone know:
  • who trains for Odyssey, and where?
  • are they any good?
  • erm, I thought I had a third question, but maybe not :confused:
Tried find info for my mani/pedi and nail art courses yesterday (decided on Star Nails for the 'basics', giving me more time to decide on my chosen route for my advanced training - do people think this is a good idea?) but the girl in Sally's had no clue, and Star Nails are in the middle of moving office, and consequently useless at the moment. Oh well!!!
Lol x

Hiya

I have trained using the Odyssey system. I did my training at Aston and Fincher wholesalers. The training was great, as the trainer was very positive about the product. She also gave us her mobile number, and said that we could phone her anytime if we had any problems. I also did the acrylic nail art day with the coloured acrylic's, which was fab. Upto now I havnt had many problems with it. I found it very easy to work with. The only problem I have is when I come to re-whiten the tips. It doesnt always look as white, and you can sometimes see the old white. But this maybe my fault and not the product. The only thing I'm not sure about is if they do trouble shooting days of training, but I wish they did, as sometimes it would be a big help, when first starting out.
Hope this helps, feel free to ask anymore questions
Jayne

i use ons at the moment, i think it is a brilliant product. its one of the better ones, and the brushes are just brilliant to use, and the are compact, as the end of the brush comes off and is the lid!

I use ONS and in my opinion it works like a dream, no yellowing, crystalisation, low odour. You need to contact Grafton Int'l on 08451 301 511, they are the distributors, and they train all over the country.

Kind Regards

hi when i phoned grafton they only train in staffodshire which is too far for me and all the odyssey workshops they do through capital wholesalers were cancelled due to lack of response in my area.

The same with me in that none of the Capitals I can get to are doing Odyssey or IBD training..
HOWEVER... I have decided that I will probably make the effort to travel to Tamworth to do the training with them as they are training in both IBD and Odyssey at the same time. Hopefully I am right in saying that the tuition itself is £400, and that it's then £210 for BOTH the IBD and Odyssey kits (rather than £210 each). Even with travel and accomodation (£200 for 4 nights at the travel lodge, and about £50 in petrol from Sussex to Staffs), that equals £900 for training on TWO systems. With a lot of other courses rocking in at £520ish each, that's not so bad.
I'm not saying that my choice in based on price at all - I could go even cheaper if I wanted to and do my training with Star at £200 +Vat per system (I'm not knocking Star at all, I'm just pointing out that Grafton's aren't the cheapest), but I've heard good things about Odyssey and IBD, so it makes sense to do them at the same time.

I'm trying to persuade my partner to come up to Tamworth with me, but I can see that he may not want to sit around in the hotel or Tamworth town centre for two days whilst I train, so maybe if anyone else is looking at doing the same course (the 15th and 16th Sept, which is next week, and then the 29th and 30th) we could split accomodation? Travel Lodges sleep up to 4 people per room for the same price.

Now all I have to do is keep ringing the Star Nails number to book my manicure course for this Thursday. Why oh why won't the answer the phone..... Fingers crossed Graftons will still have spaces left once I've booked Star Nails!

Lol x

I've have just booked up for a manicure course through Hairways (Basildon & Tottenham), and they were advertising IBD/Odyssey 2 day courses or 1 day conversion courses, so it may be worth looking in your local suppliers/wholesalers.

hi have u the number for hairways in basildon?

hi emma its 01268 525187 open till 6 today

Turns out Graftons are teaching Odyssey and IBD at the same time, but you can only learn one at a time - thought that was too good to be true! Thus £900 for one system was a bit steep!!
So I'm booked onto the Odyssey two day-er in Basildon on 7th October, and I'll do the one day conversion for IBD after that, whenever the next one is. It's about £600 in total for the two, I think.
Anyone else booked on at Basildon...?
Lol x

I'm hopefully going to book myself in on the IBD course they are doing, they mentioned they may have dates in November, but they need at least 2 people on it to make their money. I think the courses are 175+VAT which makes it about £200 for the 2 day course, but I think the conversion is half that price.

Good luck with the Odyssey Course, they have told me the lady that holds the course is very good.

bimbogeri said:
Turns out Graftons are teaching Odyssey and IBD at the same time, but you can only learn one at a time - thought that was too good to be true! Thus £900 for one system was a bit steep!!
So I'm booked onto the Odyssey two day-er in Basildon on 7th October, and I'll do the one day conversion for IBD after that, whenever the next one is. It's about £600 in total for the two, I think.
Lol x
hi lol ive just pmd u as ive just phoned them up as well speak soon . thanxs for the number sherrie xx

bimbogeri said:
Lol x
hi i should be booking it tomorrow for the 7th of october so ill see you there so far its only me and you on the course xx

Latest posts

Back