Off to Chester for the weekend!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellishairbeauty

Reaction score
As above.... saturday were going to the zoo, so we have saturday evening, all day sunday and monday morning.
Wheres nice to eat? Wheres nice to have walks? Have a few beers?
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I can highly recommend - Hickorys Smokehouse if you like American steakhouse type of food

It's reasonably priced , great location on the waterfront with parking and the food is gorgeous

http://hickorys.co.uk/chester/

Oh wow my boyf is going to LOVE it there! Thats sunday dinner sorted. Thank u very much!!

Hiya,

A place called Oddfellows is great for Cocktails! Food's not too bad there either. Can't get a link to website due to bad signal at the moment sorry.
Have a good time, Chester is lovely :)

Lisa xx

Brilliant ive written that down! Thank u im really looking forward to it! X

Hey! I'm 8 miles from lovely Chester!
Where are you staying? I can give you some ideas for eating etc.

Hickory's is loooovely :) right on the river dee too :)

Blackhouse Grill is nice but we were disappointed with our last meal there :(

The Chesterfields is a lovely country pub, but it's about a 10-15 mins drive from City Centre depending on where you're staying.

The Architect by the racecourse is a nice pub.

Asia Fusion is nice if you fancy an Indian

Depending on what you're after.... Off the Wall is cheap drinks. (Sports bar during the day) then music on at night, can get very busy but normally a good atmosphere. Cocktails 2 for £6.50 (I think)

If you want a nightclub - there is 'Cruise' just down from Off the Wall. You also have a Pitcher and Piano down there too.

The Church is a nice place to drink (a converted church)

I'll post if I think of any others. Have fun. You'll live Chester xxx we're off again at Easter. Can't wait xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was thinking Church, The Chester Fields, The Commercial, Oddfellows - although I haven't been there for ages - or down Watergate Street (Havana etc)

I was thinking Church, The Chester Fields, The Commercial, Oddfellows - although I haven't been there for ages - or down Watergate Street (Havana etc)

Oooo yes I quite like Watergate Street :) Never been to The Commercial I don't think. Where's that? X

The Commercial is tucked away....if you go from the Cross up a few metres into Northgate street there is a narrow passageway up a few stone steps into St Peter's square; you can also get to it from Watergate rows.

Duttons in Godstall Lane is good too.

The Commercial is tucked away....if you go from the Cross up a few metres into Northgate street there is a narrow passageway up a few stone steps into St Peter's square; you can also get to it from Watergate rows.

Duttons in Godstall Lane is good too.

Oh I think I know, does it have an open fire in? I think we have been there, it's a pub isn't it?

Oh yes, Duttons and the one opposite, is it called The Living Room? XxX

Yes to both, although the Living Room has closed, and will re-open as Botanical when work is finished.
The Commercial has a restaurant, too.
Rufus Court is good too...about 10 minutes walk from there. I used to go to Alexander's jazz club there, again haven't been for ages!

Just got here were just having a cheeky one in temple bar before we head to the zoo. Thanks for the recommendations Happy weekend too you all xx

ellishairbeauty - did you enjoy Chester?

I'm here now, did you find any nice gems? Xxx

We ended up in the Queens head (opposite the weatherspoons on the high street) on the Saturday night it was a disco till like 3am the music was really good, loved the zoo and loooved the trip on the old fashion bus outside the town hall. The cathedral was breath taking. Had a great steak in the hungry horse on hoole road (cant remember the name) we tried for hickorys but was 2 hr wait on the Sunday so best to pre book if you did want to eat at hickorys .we went for a trip on the boat on river Dee and ended up in Cheshire oaks shopping out let, loved chester I've booked to go back in Aug. It's the most picture perfect town enjoy xx

Attachments

• 1397841672522.jpg
    1397841672522.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 59
We ended up in the Queens head (opposite the weatherspoons on the high street) on the Saturday night it was a disco till like 3am the music was really good, loved the zoo and loooved the trip on the old fashion bus outside the town hall. The cathedral was breath taking. Had a great steak in the hungry horse on hoole road (cant remember the name) we tried for hickorys but was 2 hr wait on the Sunday so best to pre book if you did want to eat at hickorys .we went for a trip on the boat on river Dee and ended up in Cheshire oaks shopping out let, loved chester I've booked to go back in Aug. It's the most picture perfect town enjoy xx

Woohoo good ole Queens Head. Lol. Oh yeah the Hungry Horse, used to be called The Oaklands (not sure if it is now it's a Hungry Horse) ah yeah Hickory's is always really busy,we always have to book.

Oooooh we're back up here in August too :) what date r u up? Where r u staying? Xxx

Woohoo good ole Queens Head. Lol. Oh yeah the Hungry Horse, used to be called The Oaklands (not sure if it is now it's a Hungry Horse) ah yeah Hickory's is always really busy,we always have to book.

Oooooh we're back up here in August too :) what date r u up? Where r u staying? Xxx

The oak lands that's the one yes, we stopped in the hotel down the road from there called the devonia lodge. That was perfect aswell. We've booked up the bank holiday 29th aug - 1st sept. I actually want to live there I want to go back now, Birmingham is so ugly compared to chester x

The oak lands that's the one yes, we stopped in the hotel down the road from there called the devonia lodge. That was perfect aswell. We've booked up the bank holiday 29th aug - 1st sept. I actually want to live there I want to go back now, Birmingham is so ugly compared to chester x

Ah we're off to the racecourse today there's a food and drink festival on, woohoo! Bring on the drinks! Lol

Tomorrow we're off to The Chester Fields pub. Lovely place for next time you're up. It's a little drive, about 15 mins, but well worth it. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them on here foe you to show you it.

Here's a pic of the Dee yesterday, was very busy!

1397891471157.jpg

We're back up here 13th-17th August, we're bringing my nephews for a little break away :) So we're staying in a hotel that time. As we normally stay with my Fiancé's Mum.
It's going to be a busy few days in August with a 4 and 9 year old lol

XxX

I'm looking for a place to stay in Chester, were you happy with the accommodation? Is there parking to be had?

I'm looking for a place to stay in Chester, were you happy with the accommodation? Is there parking to be had?

Absolutly was very impressed and we only paid £55 for a double room. The devonia lounge on hoole road. Xxx

Latest posts

Back