Off topic but solar oil related

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Beauty Shed

Reaction score
My 3 year old son has chicken pox, he's done really well at not scratching but he's knocked a scab off quite a big spot on his face today.

I know they can scar quite badly, typical it had to be on his face. I'm just wondering if solar oil might help to reduce the scar? What do you think?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

You'd be better getting some Bio Oil I think.

Hi hun, can't give you a definite answer however from what I know solar oil is very similar to bio oil. It certainly won't do any harm. Hopefully another geek will have a more comprehensive answer for you.

Its awful when they've got chicken pox isn't it! I'm just waiting for my youngest 2 to get it! Hope he's much better x

I'm afraid I'm not a fan of Bio Oil, it really irritated my skin when I tried it on myself.

I have heard it mentioned on here before about using solar oil on scars but wondered if a chicken pox scar is different, think I'll give it a go and see.

It's awful when they've got chicken pox isn't it! I'm just waiting for my youngest 2 to get it! Hope he's much better x

Thanks for that,, he's actually been ok with it, not poorly at all, just itchy and he did have one blister on the sole of his foot that he said hurt :sad:

i wouldn't put anything on it, especially not when the rest of him is super itchy and i'm sure the last thing he'd want is to have somebody messing around near his itchy skin. when my oldest had chicken pox we were told to put nothing on his skin by the dr.

if you are really worried about the scar after his pox have cleared up (though to be honest, it's a chicken pox dot so i'm sure it's nothing that's going to leave him terribly disfigured) then i would speak to the pharmacist and ask for their oppinion on what you can do to help it fade. at the end of the day though he's 3 and a boy so there's bound to be plenty more scars from bumps, climbing and just general boy games in the future. scars fade themselves over time so i wouldn't be going ott with lotions and potions.

i hope he's feeling better soon! x

I'm afraid I'm not a fan of Bio Oil, it really irritated my skin when I tried it on myself.

I have heard it mentioned on here before about using solar oil on scars but wondered if a chicken pox scar is different, think I'll give it a go and see.

Thanks for that,, he's actually been ok with it, not poorly at all, just itchy and he did have one blister on the sole of his foot that he said hurt :sad:

No advice on the solar/bio oil but are you giving your little one any anti-histamine to help relieve the itching. My kids stopped scratching and said they felt better after I got Piriton from the Dr for them.

Yes I'm giving him piriton and putting Eurax cream on the spots and that's really helped him.

I am worried about the scarring because it is on his face, it wouldn't bother me anywhere else. My sister has a scar the size of a penny coin on her arm from a scratched off chicken pox scab but that doesn't matter because it's her arm. The spot on my sons face which has been knocked is a big one, probably the size of pea and it's just above his lip.

Latest posts

Back