off topic but upset

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkamanda

Reaction score
I am really cross...this morning my manager takes me into his office to tell me that he may have to give me my notice. The company cant afford my wages, even though they are spending thousands on a whole new computer programme and just taken on an office junior. Im ranting but I dont think I have any rights? Does any of you have any knowledge that can help me. I have only been here 4 1/2 months...

Still, I recieved some NSI Instruction videos that I bought on E-Bay this morning, so that made me a little brighter

Pinkamanda said:
I am really cross...this morning my manager takes me into his office to tell me that he may have to give me my notice. The company cant afford my wages, even though they are spending thousands on a whole new computer programme and just taken on an office junior. Im ranting but I dont think I have any rights? Does any of you have any knowledge that can help me. I have only been here 4 1/2 months...

Still, I recieved some NSI Instruction videos that I bought on E-Bay this morning, so that made me a little brighter

Sorry to hear this news but I am afraid I don't think you have any rights until you have worked for a company for 12 months unless the law has changed but give the C.A.B a call they will help you....

Sawasdee ka

When 1 door close an other 1 opens :biggrin: .

Every thing happens for a reason there is some thing better waiting for you now you must go find out what it is .

I lost my hair dresser from my salon i looked for two weeks to find one new and i could not and the best hair dresser in Phuket came to my shop ask me for a job .

Mui from Thailand .

Poor you!

Look on the positive side, maybe the next offer of work you get could be the job you have always been looking for!

No help at the moment i know, but all the best for the future.

The sweetest revenge is making a success of yourself!

Take care

Taz
x

That's sad news but how much did you like the job? Maybe see this as an opportunity to do what you've always wanted? This happened to a friend of mine & it was just the push she needed to go into what she wanted rather than drifting along in whatever jobs came up. Sometimes the worst things are really the best opportunities in disguise.

I agree with all that's been said and especially what Mui said about one door opening and another closing. If the firm i was working for hadnt decided to relocate i'd still have been unhappily working for them. As it is, it made me think about what i wanted from life, change careers and i've never looked back ;)

It wont feel like it yet but its probably the best thing to happen to you. It always takes something like this for you to take stock of your life and do something different, i am a firm believe that everything happens for a good reason.

We are all here to cheer you up if needed, so you rant if you feel better for it, it does help sometimes...lol:)

You don't make it clear if you are being sacked as a nail tech, if you are why not put an ad on this site that you are looking for a job. Just a thought.
Pinkamanda said:

Sorry, I didnt make it clear, I am being let go from the travel firm where I work, the most upsetting thing is that my managers manager called a meeting for everyone else except me and told them I was leaving before my manager had even confirmed it with me!

Pinkamanda said:
Sorry, I didnt make it clear, I am being let go from the travel firm where I work, the most upsetting thing is that my managers manager called a meeting for everyone else except me and told them I was leaving before my manager had even confirmed it with me!
Well that's just bad management skills which is not unusual, lets face it! Are you finished there now or do you have to go back at all this week? Leave it all behind you and have a clean slate: take the time to decide what it is that you want to do and reach for the stars! Good luck in whatever you decide.

Hi,

Before i worked as a nail tech i worked for a solicitors firm they done a little employment law.

Did you have a probationary period? how long was it?

If they sacked you after you had completed your probationary period then i would advise you to seek information from the citizens advice beaureu (not sure if i spelt that right)

But in some cases it is an unwritten rule that u have no rights until you have worked for a firm for 12 months.

Do u have a contract? what does it say about being sacked does it state anything?

glittergirl said:
Hi,

Before i worked as a nail tech i worked for a solicitors firm they done a little employment law.

Did you have a probationary period? how long was it?

If they sacked you after you had completed your probationary period then i would advise you to seek information from the citizens advice beaureu (not sure if i spelt that right)

But in some cases it is an unwritten rule that u have no rights until you have worked for a firm for 12 months.

Do u have a contract? what does it say about being sacked does it state anything?
Personally, i wouldnt waste your time: my hubby worked for a company for 11 months and they made him redundant just before the year was up. He went to the CAB and they said he was entitled to nothing at all.

I lost my job in november, i wudn't sleep with one of my fellow staff members so he wrote two fake letters complaining about me saying i was rude, and drunk (i worked in a gym-which has a members bar) when i was supposed to be working, the fact that i don't drink wasn't taken into account, and that i had 5 witness statements from members of the club who were there on the apparent 'offending' night who said i wasn't rude or drunk, didn't help at all!
Went to c.a.b. they can only help if u been there 1 year, lucky i had, i was takin employers to tribunal for un-fair and wrongful dismissal, as they never took into account my witness' also I was a manager there and always did shifts at drop of hat, stayed on longer, was a key holder to door and safe, and no-one had never complained about me before, and i got on well with all members (it was a big family club). Also i thought i got on with everyone, yet although they beleived him over me, not one person asked me if i was ok and why i might have been drinking (seeing as they all knew i don't drink! but no1 was concerned) I felt so betrayed, spec since the offending W****r who wrote letters got a bonus for writing a witness statement sayin i was drunk, even though they knew he was not trust worthy.

apparently it isn't as easy as people think to get rid of an employee, apparently even if i was drunk at work and addmitted to it they should had offered therepy to help me and then if i refused they could sack me.

i was all ready to go to tribunal, knew i wud win, it was not for money it was to clear my name and prove a point.

found out, i can't clear my name, and the tribunal, can only make the employers pay 6 months wages (but mine would be less because i wasn't 21 when i was sacked!) or the lost earnings, I had none as i was p/time nail tec.

Also there was a salon (which i s rented space not actually owned by this club) on premisses, they gave me a job, but couldn't work there because im not allowed on premisses!

They kept getting their solicitor to ring me saying they were bringing in a barrister, so if i lost i had to pay their bill. in the end i got so depressed i thought whats the point, i can't prove my inoccence, i won't get job back ( and even if did i didn't want it) i'm not getting compisation, and im going gray at 21.

also one of the girls on my nvq started to work there and got sacked because complaints came in about her, she too refussed to take any form of sexual harrasment, and all of a sudden there was a complaint (shes also a really nice girl so no 1 would complain)

my advice would be just move on gracefully, it's honestly not worth the stress!
it's just a fact of life, sum bosses are just total poo heads!

Latest posts

Back