Offering beauty training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat-Nat

Reaction score
Hello! I was wondering if there was anyone out there who wouldnt mind helping me with a few Q's? I am looking into setting up my own training service? I have enrolled to start taking my PTLLS next month in preparation but wanted to know what else I will need to look at apart from premises of course? Extra Insurance, accredition etc?

hiya, im looking at doing this in the future too,

what about sourcing some manicure/pedicure etc kits from somewhere so all your students would have the same and you could make a little on each also?

think about your training worksheets/manuals,

good luck

I have done this course and qualified never used it though and don't expect i will! I'm self employed and earn more doing that than training but may be on day. At first I contacted colleges to do work experience for free (to see if i liked it before committing) and they were not interested. I have fifteen years experience, ran a very successful business which I sold and built up a new one! hd trained, permanent make up, clarins, darphin, espa, Elemis, dermalogica, guinot, CACI, laser and have done cidesco! And they wouldn't have me helping for free! I'm curious as to why especially as I got the ptlls at level 4, which is a more professional level!

Based on my experience at college a few years ago, I would think you were exceptionally well qualified and may have scared some people! This is based on MY experience you understand!

Based on my experience at college a few years ago, I would think you were exceptionally well qualified and may have scared some people! This is based on MY experience you understand!

I wouldn't be surprised but I'm there to learn from them, i know my place! It unfortunate that some of the types that go onto teaching are a bit full of themselves and don't like being challenged. I have noticed this mainly in further education establishments not product houses. There are some brilliant teachers out there but there is a few who I wonder why they got employed. I would love to see what is going on in the colleges, be interesting!

I wouldn't be surprised but I'm there to learn from them, i know my place! It unfortunate that some of the types that go onto teaching are a bit full of themselves and don't like being challenged. I have noticed this mainly in further education establishments not product houses. There are some brilliant teachers out there but there is a few who I wonder why they got employed. I would love to see what is going on in the colleges, be interesting!

I think that a lot of FE colleges employ people because of their length in the industry and not their passion for continued professional development. It seemed to me at the time that they just hadn't kept abreast of developments and that let them down badly - advising technicians to buff down ridges on the natural nail and referring to monomer as 'glue' not to mention the classic advice to trim living tissue because they didn't know the difference between cuticle and eponychium! Thankfully I wasn't reliant on this advice as I wanted the level 3 to teach but needless to say it was sufficient enough to put me off - this and the insistence that time was more important than quality!!

Latest posts

Back