Offering beauty treatments in care home help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

traceyashley

Reaction score
Hi I have been thinking about phoning around the care homes in my area and asking if they would like to have a beautician to go in for a day once a week, fortnight, month ect..... Does anyone know how I should approach this? Should I charge per treatment or charge a Dailey rate? If so how much? Any help would be great thanks in advance :) xxx

I don't do this, but i would offer a quiet day with an OAP rate, saves u setting up and driving round so you won't be loosing anything.

What services do you offer? Xx

Most care homes would leave the resident pay for this them self as its not part of living conditions (food,
Laundry, cleaning etc...). You could do a reduced rate and choose one day a fortnight to go in. Xoxo

I do this once a fortnight but the home pays me. It comes out of their entertainment budget. I do a couple of hours and fit in a file and polish every 15 minutes. The ladies are literally queuing up cos it's free for them. I don't know how it would go if they had to pay themselves.

I offered a morning for free in order to get the contract. You might want to volunteer an hour to see if there's any interest as I don't think many homes will pay but will expect the residents to pay.

Thanks ladies for your help :)

I was going to try private first and thought the home would pay. How much do u charge if don't mind me asking xxx

I have really been thinking about this recently! Would love to do it, let me know how you get on ;) xx

I just wanted to say that my Grandmother used to have a fortnightly file and polish from a Beauty tech when she was living in Sheltered Housing. Manicures were an absolutely unheard of luxury for working class women in her day so she absolutely loved the treatments. Even when her eyesight was completely gone she was VERY particular about what colour her nails were :)

I'd think about offering a hand massage too as an additional service. The sense of touch is vital when eyesight and hearing are fading and lots of people really miss simple human contact. If you can do this kind of work you'll be offering a really valuable service in so many ways over and above just giving people nice nails.
Good luck!

Sunshine xx

Hi I have been thinking about phoning around the care homes in my area and asking if they would like to have a beautician to go in for a day once a week, fortnight, month ect..... Does anyone know how I should approach this? Should I charge per treatment or charge a Dailey rate? If so how much? Any help would be great thanks in advance :) xxx

Hi, I used to do a regular mobile round to a couple of local care homes. The residents paid themselves and it was popular. I did run into a little bit of apprehension from family who needed surety that I wasn't ripping their mother/grandmother off, but once I got through that hurdle, it was then plain sailing thereafter. The learning I took from that was to ask if I could speak to a family member so that I could introduce myself etc etc. I also found it a good idea to make contact with the care home management and let them know who I was seeing and when. Of course I got the client's permission to do that but it just made sure everyone knew what I was doing there.

Latest posts

Back