Offers that worked for you

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

siana

Reaction score
I am home based and trying to build up my client base and want to put out an offer for October that will get me a few more clients. I am thinking maybe a free paraffin wax treatment with every pedicure booked for October. Can I ask what you more experienced geeks think of this, have any of you tried this offer and what sort of response did you get?

Also, what offers have you advertised and got the best response from?

Cheers - Siana:)

ITEC qualified Manicure, Pedicure and Waxing

I'm running an offer a special at the moment, it's a bit drastic but I have just opened the business and missed the yellow pages deadline. The offer is called Bring a Friend for Free - Two spa pedicures for the price of one. I have handed out about 200 leaflets with this offer in mailboxes and have had several new clients call about them. I have included a voucher for 10% off any treatment also to encourage them to return for more treatments.

My reasoning for this offer rather than an upgraded treatment for one person was that this way I have two potential new client walk in the door for every voucher redeemed.

You may not want to offer such a large discount, but this is really working for me at the moment. I have made a (very small) profit in my first week of trading.

hth a bit

I'm running an offer a special at the moment, it's a bit drastic but I have just opened the business and missed the yellow pages deadline. The offer is called Bring a Friend for Free - Two spa pedicures for the price of one. I have handed out about 200 leaflets with this offer in mailboxes and have had several new clients call about them. I have included a voucher for 10% off any treatment also to encourage them to return for more treatments.

My reasoning for this offer rather than an upgraded treatment for one person was that this way I have two potential new client walk in the door for every voucher redeemed.

You may not want to offer such a large discount, but this is really working for me at the moment. I have made a (very small) profit in my first week of trading.

hth a bit

Well done, as long as you are happy with it, and it's making you money, that's great.

I did some special offers when I started out, such as free lash tint with every facial - that was a mistake really as I had to patch test them - and free luxury upgrade for mani's and pedi's but since then I've not really done any offers.

However, the other day I bought in a new facial range and although I wasn't quiet at the time, I offered clients a chance to try it for £20, i.e. a facial for £20. They were biting my hand off! But what I learnt from this, in a way, was to look after my existing clients rather than attracting new ones. OK, I realise when you're starting up you need to attract new ones, but make sure you nurture every client that walks through the door, because you don't actually need many regulars, you just need them to BE regular!

Hi Zozo, you said in your thread that the "free eylash tint" with a facial, didnt turn out very well, due to test patching them beforehand. Can I ask why this was? thanks

Hi Zozo, you said in your thread that the "free eylash tint" with a facial, didnt turn out very well, due to test patching them beforehand. Can I ask why this was? thanks

Sorry, I should have been clearer. It was just a bit of a pain because they had to make the effort to come for a patch test before the actual treatment, and you know what clients are like, they never think they actually need a patch test (I've been having my eyelashes tinted for years, I've never had to do this before blah blah!!)

its worth doing any of those offers as long as you specify a time limit. You don't want to be doing reduced treatments for a prolonged amount of time.

when I first started at the clinic I'm in, I took over from someone else. Once I'd been there about a month, I made up some cards which the client had to cut into 2. One half was a discount for the existing client ONCE they had introduced a friend, the other half was an invite to the friend to come and have a reduced treatment. Although I gave out about 30, only about 10 took up the offer.

Thanks for the replies - most appreciated. Good idea to specify a time limit.

Thanks

Siana

ITEC qualified Manicure, pedicure and waxing

Latest posts

Back