Office space converted to a beauty room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Good Morning

I am interested in anyone who has used an office space for a beauty room?
I have a great opportunity on the same site as a popular wedding barn and I also have a ready clientele.
Just wondering what procedures I would have to have in place or if anyone has done the same thing?

Thank you.
X

Good Morning

I am interested in anyone who has used an office space for a beauty room?
I have a great opportunity on the same site as a popular wedding barn and I also have a ready clientele.
Just wondering what procedures I would have to have in place or if anyone has done the same thing?

Thank you.
X

Well I enquired about it a long time ago. To my knowledge it’s not really allowed eg if you were the sole user. However when I worked in managed offices for other jobs, there was always a room for a local massage therapist or nails etc, they would have a smaller sized room than other businesses so cheaper, and the reception dealt with any arrivals just like for the offices.

From what I gather, as you are the paying customer in that scenario it’s might well be a bit sly but it’s down to them to have the correct usage in place.

Otherwise it does have to be A1 usage I think rather than B as of the customers coming in and out. Generally speaking the amount of people going in and out of the services offices I worked at is say there’s no way they could have got away with being so big and being a B and were likely all to have been A’s anyway as I would have 70+ visitors per day for recruitment.

You need to ring up your local Council and enquire. The rules depends on the local Council attitude and regulations.

Your use will be ancillary to the Wedding Barn so there is very unlikely to be an issue. You might need planning permission to add another category of use to what is already there, but you're probably already covered. If you need to apply for change of use planning permission a commercial surveyor will help you with this.

In general A categories create the most issues for neighbours in terms of customers visiting, operating hours, noise, smells, deliveries and rubbish. A catagories include retail, fast food and restaurants, estate agents and other businesses where customers come and go. B catagories are office based admin type businesses and also warehousing/storage, C is residential, D catagories include leisure and training and religious uses as well as consultancy.

For all you know the Wedding Barn might already have the same category of use that you need.

Thank you so much! There not actually offices they are more like little lodges next to the barn xx

Latest posts

Back