Office space to rent for beauty salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeena1

Reaction score
Hi everyone ,

I live in London and I am trying to rent a shop, it seems very hard to find the right one at the right price and in the location I want.
There is a lot of office space to let near me , I was wondering if I can trade from them as a beauty salon, if yes what do I need?

Thanks

Yes you can, that's what I ended up doing (and there's less business rates to pay if they're not on the ground floor). Just check the landlord is ok, and check with the local council to change the use of the premises. It'll be under something like B1, and you apply to change it to A1. Shouldn't cost much, your council will have instructions on their website. Only downside is the landlord might insist you sign the lease first, in which case arrange to have a break in the lease if the change of use isn't granted.

So of what I understood the steps to take are as follow:
- find an office space
- sign the lease
- ask the council to change the use from B1 to an A1
- start trading only when the council gives you permission I've changes the use , if they don't allow you you will break the lease.
Right?

Almost, find a solicitor to look at the lease too. Also see if the landlord will let you apply for the change of use first, it's not likely but you never know if you don't ask. (You technically can start trading before the change of use BUT there's a risk they will say no and you'll have wasted your money on fittings.)

Almost, find a solicitor to look at the lease too. Also see if the landlord will let you apply for the change of use first, it's not likely but you never know if you don't ask. (You technically can start trading before the change of use BUT there's a risk they will say no and you'll have wasted your money on fittings.)
Thanks PAMIE D

Latest posts

Back