oh dear l&p

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexi

Reaction score
:cry:hey geeks:cry:

So i started my complete foundation course 2 weeks ago with OPI. At the moment we are learn absolute acrylic. I did my first full set yesterday and already 2 have come off. One of them the lady said just came off when she switched on a light switch. I am abslutly gutted, I didnt think they were that bad. I think it is my tip applying. I have read the tutorials and have emailed my tutor, but was wondering if anyone else had trouble with tip applying? Everyone else in my class got it straight away with mach 5 glue, but I just couldnt get it and got in a right state. Anyway my educator suggested trying gel glue which was better, but one of the girls made a really catty comment about me being 'incapable of applying even simple tips!':eek:

Has anyone got an hints or tips?

Thanks

Becki xxx

:cry:hey geeks:cry:

So i started my complete foundation course 2 weeks ago with OPI. At the moment we are learn absolute acrylic. I did my first full set yesterday and already 2 have come off. One of them the lady said just came off when she switched on a light switch. I am abslutly gutted, I didnt think they were that bad. I think it is my tip applying. I have read the tutorials and have emailed my tutor, but was wondering if anyone else had trouble with tip applying? Everyone else in my class got it straight away with mach 5 glue, but I just couldnt get it and got in a right state. Anyway my educator suggested trying gel glue which was better, but one of the girls made a really catty comment about me being 'incapable of applying even simple tips!':eek:

Has anyone got an hints or tips?

Thanks

Becki xxx

Not much help but I would tell her to stick her adhesive where the sun dont shine:smack:

With regards to applying tips, keep practising and it will come. Maybe ask your tutor to go over it with you one to one if she can.

Rachel x

yes she did when i was there last time. ok will just keep going!

becki xxx

We all encounter problems when we are doing our foundation course,
there is sooooo much to take in,
don't let people get you down like the girl with the catty comment ( you have to be a nice person for you to get clients and have them stay loyal to you, so i can already see where that girl is going to stumble)
it is all down to practising as much as you can, the more practise you do the quicker you will improve, and we are always willing to help out with all your questions,
welcome to the site hun :hug:

what a nasty thing to say,there is always one everywhere you go isn't there. Tips aren't easy to apply, I did L & P for 2 years and in the end it wasn't for me, but did find tips tricky to apply.

Did you do your prep well, if this isn't done well the l & P won't adhere properly which could have caused the whole thing to come off. Prep is the key as is practice. Don't let it get you down xx

i think my prep was good, i'm a little anal bout that type of thing. i think my problem is air bubbles in the tip when i apply. i dont seem to be getting the angle right i seem to be lifting it off - does that mae sense? is this me going too fast?!

it took me 2.5 hours to do my 1st set does that sound ok? it was just tip overlay with paint finish.

becki xxx

Air bubbles under your tip when you have applied will cause you problems, you need to put equal pressure on the tip with your fingers when you apply it, also make sure you are holding it long enough (if it is coming away when you remove your fingers you haven't held for long enough) and you haven't put too much adhesive onto the tip,
most adhesives are pressure set so need you to press onto them (you will not hurt the client and they will tell you if their not comfortable)
gel adhesive is a good idea, this helps to fill the gap that is created when you get the tip on at the correct angle

i think i applied too mcuh gel adhesive as it all coems out of the top of the tip, i guess its practise, i suppose i knew that deep down.

so did you geeks find tip application hard?

becki xxx

Yes I did, I have to say I applied exactly 85 tips before I could apply one without an air bubble :lol: :lol: I was on the point of giving up and crying but being a stubborn and determined mare I kept going . . . 4 years later I'm running a very successful business. . .. you'll be fine hun keep at it x

i did the same course with OPI and stil struggle with tips now (don't do any sets on clients yet coz i'm not confident!!)

i've just ordered the gel glue to see if it helps me.

i even had problems on my exam day - my hand model (my mum) and a short thumb nail and the end of the finger was sticking out and it wouldn't stick, i got into such a fluster i stuck my fingers (with the tip in them) together and has to sit with tip remover on before i could continue :o

Latest posts

Back