Oh dear...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
Ive awoken at 3 am and am hoping someone cant allay my fears..

Over the last week or so i have suffered itchy wrists.. on the underside of the wrist.. the soft part.. No huge rashes.. just the odd bump like a bite that itches..
then it went to my heels.. again the soft part at the back near the tendons.. and now its my knee caps.. itching like mad!!

my fingers are fine... the area around the actual acrylic on fingers and toes fine.. hands and feet ..fine!!

Summer has just started and we have a new kitten..(so it could be anything really).. I dont get headaches..runny nose nor do i get runny eyes..(except in spring) but i have three clients today and the worry wart in me is afraid i may have a reaction in front of them.. (hey its 3 oclock.. my minds been running over time)

can anyone tell me.. or link me up to a honest run down of over exposure symptoms? I am not one to self diagnose.. i will not google online for symptoms.. there is no way to get to my doctor today.. but will do so friday to rule out any fears.. but untill then....

I use retention+ dont mix products.. am very careful with dust, have an extractor at my station and aside from the early days and the odd misshap am very careful not to come into contact with monomers or any product for that matter!

as i sit here my wrists and heels are fine but i could easily tear apart my knees with my carefully manicured fingernails! :rolleyes:

my thought is.........have you changed your washing powder? because my daughter gets like this and its a mild allergic reaction to the powder. Reaction to nail products is usually a lot stronger, painful and is all around the figures. On the knees wrists and heels says its where your cloths are rubbing, unless you are doing nails differently to me:eek:

my thought is.........have you changed your washing powder? because my daughter gets like this and its a mild allergic reaction to the powder. Reaction to nail products is usually a lot stronger, painful and is all around the figures. On the knees wrists and heels says its where your cloths are rubbing, unless you are doing nails differently to me:eek:
totally agree with susie...i have very sensetive skin...if i change washing powder,soap ,etc i then get a rash....you say it,s summer there could it be heat rash....bushes aswell can cause unusaual rashes xxx

I suffer lots of allergies
The bite type lumps you say, are probably hives hun. an allergic reaction for sure,
have you got any antihistamines ?
It doesn't sound to me like an overexposure reaction hun.

Have you had anything around your wrists causing any pressure ?
Such as carrier bags?
I saw before you were kneeling too.

I am allergic to plastic bags..if I haven't had an antihistamine I come out in hives...sometimes small bite type ones..and sometimes they run the length of my wrist...I also get itchy palms ,knees etc...if I have been leaning on carpet or similar..

I really don't think it is overexposure...but certainly sounds like allergic reaction

Unfortunately trying to find the cause of an allergic reactions is really hard. In the last 2 years I've had urticaria which is a itchy raised lumps that spread around the body. Doctor couldn't tell me what it was and basically did nothing except give me anti histermine. i

It would appear, drive me insane anything from 3 days to 3 weeks. I had one outburst that was so bad my manager sent me to the compny doctor. He basically repeated what the GP had except asked if I took ibuprofen which I did and he said that can sometimes cause it. I had been taking it for years but after his advise I did stop it and hey presto no more rash. I have since found out I am mildly allergic to paracetomal also as I am finding out as we speak !!!!

So the moral of this story is it can be anything even something you take for granted and have been fine for years... you have my sympathy finding the cause is like looking for a needle in a hay stack...

:hug:

After my move my fingers and elbows started peeling and itching and hurting like mad, and it was because while I was cleaning with bleach and Pine-Sol, etc. I wasn't wearing anything to protect my hands or elbows...and boy did I suffer for it! I used to be able to clean all day and not use gloves, but I see now that is not the case...

It could be a reaction from any number of things: aresol sprays, cleaning products, bubble bath, cologne, body powders, washing powders...It's such a hassel to track it down sometimes. :hug:

. I wasn't wearing anything to protect my hands or elbows...and boy did I suffer for it! I used to be able to clean all day and not use gloves, but I see now that is not the case...

A nail tech not wearing rubber gloves when cleaning up! tut, tut, tut. :lol:

:o well.. can i just say firstly.. that it was 3 am in the morning... i had been laying in bed thinking every single dreadfull thing imaginable.. and had visions of going into anaphilactic shock infront of my clients... so with that in mind.. I rushed to my trusted Geek sight to search symptoms of over exposure...being completely paniced and itching up a storm.. i posted this thread!

It is now 8 am and am pretty sure that unless i am doing L&P with my knees.. I have not suffering from over exposure!

ok.. you just got a little insight into my (over) active imagination.. :smack:

I never suffer from skin allergies.. and up untill 3 years ago i never suffered from hayfever.. so seeing all these little bumps on my wrists knees and heels i figured... it must have something to do with my work..

not the fact that...

- out of the blue we have been blessed with 30+degree days.. (so it could be prickly heat)
- I have changed washing powder (duh!)
- I was pulling weeds all day yesterday (double Duh!)

thanks for all who answered.. it means alot to know that i have completely humiliated myself, yet you all took the time to provide alternate causes.. causes that at 3 in the morning didnt come to mind..

I honestly think i am a little anal about over exposure.. to me it could be about the worst possible thing that could happen to me.. bit like a butcher becoming allergic to meat!

:)olaughing yet rach?)

Absolutely P****ng myself!!!!!!

A nail tech not wearing rubber gloves when cleaning up! tut, tut, tut. :lol:
Shhhhhhh!! I thought I would be able to slide that under the radar! Now everyone knows my shame!!!:eek: :lol:

I have just skimmed though this thread so sorry if any one else has repeated this..:irked:

But..... you say this has never happened before.. and you have a new kitten.. if its summer and hot your kitten may have some unwanted visiters.. these lovely little friends do like so snuggle up and eat your warmest parts.. or if all else fails they will eat anything that is exposed... they like to come out at night cos you is all snuggly buggley in your bed..

check to see if you new kitten is scratching if so.. ITS THE KITTEN having friends that don,t like you:lol::lol: easy sorted HTH

And sorry.. not saying you have friends :lol::lol:

I have just skimmed though this thread so sorry if any one else has repeated this..:irked:

But..... you say this has never happened before.. and you have a new kitten.. if its summer and hot your kitten may have some unwanted visiters.. these lovely little friends do like so snuggle up and eat your warmest parts.. or if all else fails they will eat anything that is exposed... they like to come out at night cos you is all snuggly buggley in your bed..

check to see if you new kitten is scratching if so.. ITS THE KITTEN having friends that don,t like you:lol::lol: easy sorted HTH

And sorry.. not saying you have friends :lol::lol:

Fleas!! well the person who gave us the kitten has an infestation in there place.. but i only just de-flead all my animals..spot ban.. once on the neck!! lol.. but yes.. it could be a reaction to a bite!

what this has shown me though.. is that my knowledge of over exposure isnt that great.. contra-indications i know.. yet i have never even come across one.. but i either wasnt paying attention that day.. or i have forgotten.. or it just wasnt covered well!

maybe its time to do a bit of studying!

Fleas!! well the person who gave us the kitten has an infestation in there place.. but i only just de-flead all my animals..spot ban.. once on the neck!! lol.. but yes.. it could be a reaction to a bite!

what this has shown me though.. is that my knowledge of over exposure isnt that great.. contra-indications i know.. yet i have never even come across one.. but i either wasnt paying attention that day.. or i have forgotten.. or it just wasnt covered well!

maybe its time to do a bit of studying!

There is absolutely no way you can get rid of fleas by one treatment on the animal.....treating the environment is far more important than treating the animal...a flea has a 3 week life cycle and most of that cycle is spent in the environment...a flea does not need an animal to survive.

Howdy , if you have been pulling weeds it could just be a reaction to some plants eg ivy can do this , just a thought , Im sure you will be fine x , get some calamine lotion out for now till you go to the docs
A flea bite would have a tiny little pierce hole in the middle of the spot,
I'm all itchy too now :eek: lol x :hug:

Have you treated any clients with the same symptoms as yourself?
I had a client once with rather suspicious rashes when i questioned her she said she had had scabies but she had treated it !!!!
I had to think quick off my feet and told her that I could'nt treat her until all the sores had gone. As I decided that I could'nt guarentee that she had treated herself and if she had that she had done it properly :rolleyes:
lol as if you would go to somebody for a treatment :smack:

There is absolutely no way you can get rid of fleas by one treatment on the animal.....treating the environment is far more important than treating the animal...a flea has a 3 week life cycle and most of that cycle is spent in the environment...a flea does not need an animal to survive.

..erm.. thanks for that bit of advice.. but the one spot on the neck was a joke.. in reference to the advert on TV..:lol:.. my Flea iradication resembled more like WW11 ..with bug bombs.. and a washing machine and vacuum working overtime!

It was definatly the weeds.. been to the doctor and he has given me some steroid cream with cortisone.. because while i was kneeling when weeding my knees had contact with an irritant!

Thanks for all the advice! :green:

It was definatly the weeds.. been to the doctor and he has given me some steroid cream with cortisone.. because while i was kneeling when weeding my knees had contact with an irritant!

Thanks for all the advice! :green:

Howdy I'm glad you found out what it was x

I always get the same type of rash when pulling weeds ,
they seem to wrap around anywhere and everywhere :hug: x

Well its great i found out the irritant.. but it sucks because i am now walking around 1 week overdue a leg wax! i have red scratchy knees and 2 week growth.. great look for summer you think?
cannot wait for this cream to work!

Well its great i found out the irritant.. but it sucks because i am now walking around 1 week overdue a leg wax! i have red scratchy knees and 2 week growth.. great look for summer you think?
cannot wait for this cream to work!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey littlegrohl you keep putting some really hunky pictures up of that fella of yours lol ,
now don't get jealous :green: but he's is so gorgeous and hunky and oh well I guess I can still look at the pics you put up cant I ?
and sigh ,
ps hope your steroid cream stops the itch :hug: x

Latest posts

Back