OH Help - Support Needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claddagh Nails

Irish Geekette
Reaction score
Ho! what have I done???? :cry:

Out last night for a few drinks with some friends and we got talking about the beauty industry. One of the girls has their own hair salon and has expended the salon for a beauty room, she is will be looking for full-time therapists.The conversation got around to treatments and so on.

One of the lads with us is a major nail bitter (also an actor) proudly showed us his nails, well whats let of them. With disgust we all gave him a hard time and got him to agree to do some thing about them.

To make a long story short, my hubby ups and tells them all that I have trained to be a nail technician, bullied the nail bitter into getting some manicures done by me. OK I'm alright with that, a lot work, but I can do it. :cool:

But this is where I need some major support, advice and a confidence boost. :| Got talked in to doing a full set of L&Ps on one of the girls, bear in mind I have not picked up my little brush friend in nearly two years :sad: (once on the nail trainer in that time). She is coming tonight or tomorrow and I'm scared stiff :Scared: . What if I make a mess of her nails or she doesn't like them when their done, Being going through every thing in my head from prepping, to buffing, to naming nail parts. :eek:

:Scared: Help don't know if I have the confidence to do this. :Scared:

TAke your time & breathe, make sure you do a really good prep and lay your table out before she comes then you wont forget what comes where. Lay it out i order of use and as you finish with it put it away in a box or drawer.

Do a couple of practice beads beforehand and make sure you clean your brush properly, take the well out of some tips this will save you time as well.

Have a read through your notes from your foundation course and it will soon come back to you.

Remember just don't Panic it will be ok but take your tiem and dont be rushed, go at your own pace, the very best of luck hun and let us know how it goes.
x

Oh Bernie !!!!

Take Lucia's advice. Stay calm and breath slowly. DEfinitely do a few practices to get the feel of things before she arrives.
It's like riding a bike. YOur instinct will tell you what to do and it will all come back to you.ç

Get into a good conversation with the client so you can concentrate on what you are doing and not think about anything else. Don't worry about time.

I'll be thinking about you. XXX

Can't really add to whats already been said!

You'll do absolutely fine!!

Best wishes! Let us know how you get on!!!

I'd get your hubby to phone her and say you've lost all use of your hands and that you've sadly got to cancel. HTH. xxx

Kimmi Rocks said:
I'd get your hubby to phone her and say you've lost all use of your hands and that you've sadly got to cancel. HTH. xxx

I wish Kemmi I could do this but I can't. :smack:

The good news about this, is she will be looking for a creative tech in Scotland. So if there is any one out there willing to take over from a trembling, low selfasteam Irish tech, please let me know.

And THANKS for your replies, will sure let ye know how it went, thats if I'm brave enough. :)

Everyone has given you fab advice

I'll just add one of these :Look_righ :hug:

Trin
xx

We'll all be thinking of you Bernie.
I for one know what its like to put your brush down for long periods and wonder what will happen when you pick it back up.
Let us know how it goes :hug:

You will be fine just dont rush take you time.

The best of luck to you.

Latest posts

Back