Oh I wish it could be Christmas every day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkSwoon

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone!

I expect I'm going to have to dodge a few bullets for making this thread haha!
Thought I would make it in plenty of time as I hate leaving everything to the last minute! What are we all doing to prepare?/what pressies have you bought? YES I started my shopping this week!

I've bought my dad a lovely Barbour jumper & my mum the CND Marine intro pack, I have a huge list though but it's a start certainly. I also got some jute bags from eBay & some felt reindeer/snowflakes to stick on so I can put pressies in - love a christmas craft! Last year I made mulled wine which was yummy, I've also started saving recipes on my BBC Goodfood account for little presents too (hello cinnamon shortbread mmm)

Feel free to use this thread for anything Christmassy/sharing tips/recipes/pressie ideas!

xxx

I absolutely adore Christmas and was just thinking last week I should start making a Christmas list of presents to get people and thinking of doing little goody bags for clients like a candy cane, a mini scented candle and a nail file? Love to hear everyone else's plans =)

CANDY CANES!? That is such a good idea to tie to presents with ribbon! I've just bought some red burlap ribbon from eBay for christmassy bows ^.^ yay!
CND Mini Scentsations make great little stocking fillers too! A couple of people on my list are going to be recipients of those!

I bought a number of things in the SpaceNK sale (some of which have found their way into my bathroom :o) and some lovely candles, diffusers and choc fondue pots and forks from the Heal's sale. I have bought wicker baskets to make sets up with choc, marshmallows to go with the pots.

Afternoon everyone!

I expect I'm going to have to dodge a few bullets for making this thread haha!
Thought I would make it in plenty of time as I hate leaving everything to the last minute! What are we all doing to prepare?/what pressies have you bought? YES I started my shopping this week!

I've bought my dad a lovely Barbour jumper & my mum the CND Marine intro pack, I have a huge list though but it's a start certainly. I also got some jute bags from eBay & some felt reindeer/snowflakes to stick on so I can put pressies in - love a christmas craft! Last year I made mulled wine which was yummy, I've also started saving recipes on my BBC Goodfood account for little presents too (hello cinnamon shortbread mmm)

Feel free to use this thread for anything Christmassy/sharing tips/recipes/pressie ideas!

xxx

Love your jute bag idea with felt reindeer! Might have to borrow that!

Lindabop, I got these snowflakes & these reindeers :)
Jute bags here - There are lots of them but these look pretty good value for money considering you get 5!

I bought some mini ones from Paperchase last year which were absolutely divine but this year I wanted ones big enough to fit everything in! Cheaper to make them myself too, I'd probably need a loan to buy large ones from Paperchase!

P.s Going to tie red burlap bows around the handles too, I'll post a picture when I've done them :D

Last year I was really skint after buying my so I made everyone mince pies and white and dark choc bark.
Got xmas tags, bags and ribbon from Ebay then added a few candy canes :)

This year I'm upping the ante and making 6 hampers with wine/possibly mulled wine, choc bark, orange choc shortbread... cant remember what else eek.

So im looking for baskets to put them in, although the jute bag idea sounds good

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1380964158843.jpg
    1380964158843.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 293
  • 1380964176265.jpg
    1380964176265.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 292
What a lovely thread! Good ideas, I hope to contribute soon with some ideas too once I organise myself :-D love Christmas

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has started early. The big presents for my kids are done and now it will just be little things and stocking fillers. My daughter is getting a new DS as she still has the original one. I mean the ORIGINAL one. Lol. My son is getting an Iron Man helmet and Iron Man glove he saw on TV. I've finished my shopping for my kids from my sister and her family. They live in the US so instead of sending money and presents back and forth for our kids we just spend an equal amount and buy the presents ourselves. So much easier. We have a £50 limit and I was able to get my daughter 3 Monster High Dolls and the new Monster High DVD for a little over £40. For my son I got an Iron Man Doll, Iron Man Doll and car, an Iron Man reflector thing for his arm that lights up and makes sound, an Iron Man costume and Iron Man 1&2 DVD. All that came to a little over £40. Can you tell what my son is into this year? Lol. People look at me like I'm crazy for shopping so early but I have found some great bargains and I feel good that the bulk of it is done.

Just to add when I was younger my mother, sister and I would make all different types of cookies to give to friends for Xmas. We would put them on a nice tray and wrap them up with coloured cling film and a pretty bow. We've also made jars of cookie mix for people. You measure out all the ingredients and pop a little tag on with the baking instructions.

I love Christmas :) and I only have one present left to buy which is for my husband did all the rest last month! I like to be organised :)

This is the most amazing thread! Any excuse to talk about Christmassy stuff however early! I'm there! Loving the ideas about mulled wine and cookies for gifts! Also the pictures uploaded look amazing! I'm the only girl born into my family so other than my gran and mother I don't really have many girls to buy for which is such a shame! There's so much stuff is love to buy! Me and my friends always do a secret Santa because there's so many of us we would never finish shopping! Has anyone got a good mulled wine recipe? Would love to try it? :)

Ohhhhhh I love this thread
Great ideas so far, I've brought a couple of presents and got all my cards, wrapping paper, tags and bows etc in the sainsburys sale 70% off in January :)

This is the most amazing thread! Any excuse to talk about Christmassy stuff however early! I'm there! Loving the ideas about mulled wine and cookies for gifts! Also the pictures uploaded look amazing! I'm the only girl born into my family so other than my gran and mother I don't really have many girls to buy for which is such a shame! There's so much stuff is love to buy! Me and my friends always do a secret Santa because there's so many of us we would never finish shopping! Has anyone got a good mulled wine recipe? Would love to try it? :)

There are a couple of recipes here my love :)
Last year I only made mine a couple of days in advance but this year I'm going to do it sooner so the flavours have a chance to develop. A lovely alternative for anyone that doesn't drink is the 'Winter Warmer' juice by Copella, it's on offer in Tesco for £1 at the moment, I have waited all year for it! I fell in love with it last year, it's soooo good!

Cookie mixture was such a good idea especially for anyone with kids! Might keep that in mind!

Ive seen this thread and just orderd some bits off ebay...party boxes in red and some christmas stickers so my little boy can decorate them. Then im gonna put some mince pies in them, cant wait for christmas, I used to be a true humbug before I had children :)

Ooh yes Christmassy stickers! I need some of those, going to use them for sealing the bags with homemade treats in. I'm so glad I'm going to be organised this year, I want to relax & enjoy the festive spirit, not flapping around like a headless chicken!

Ive seen this thread and just orderd some bits off ebay...party boxes in red and some christmas stickers so my little boy can decorate them. Then im gonna put some mince pies in them, cant wait for christmas, I used to be a true humbug before I had children :)

Could you link your party boxes? X

My girls and I make gifts for all the aunts every year, last year we made tea cup candles and other candles, year before last we made tinted lip salve and bath salts. Can't remember what it was before then but we started 7 years ago when I only had my eldest who was 2 at the time x

Ahh I love christmas it's even more special when u have a little one:). I like to make or bake things as presents I'm making my nieces christmas eve bags which contain magic reindeer food some snowman soup gingerbread biscuits and a lil christmas mug and other bits and bobs :)

I absolutely love Christmas, so will be paying close attention to this thread! Only reason I'm dreading it slightly this year is because I've only just opened my salon and so money is a little tight :-/ hate not being able to treat my family at that time of year! Xx

Latest posts

Back