Oh no! Eyelash Perm didnt work.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly Daisy

Reaction score
Hiya - i'm soooooo gutted. Ive just done an eyelash perm on a new client and it hasnt taken, i feel devastated - the client has had it done in the past so she knows it does work on her lashes and its the first time she has come to me :cry: I have offered to do another perm next week for her free of charge and she was fine about it but still feel so crap.

Do you have any ideas why this wouldnt have worked, as i left the perm solution and fixing lotion on for 15 minutes each, and i permed my sisters lashes last week (as a test run as dont have many requests for eyelash perms) and hers worked perfect so it cant have lost its strength???? just really miffed and looking for some advise. Also, should I be offering some other free treatments so she comes back???

Please help me, im gutted:cry:
Thank you
Kelly
xXx

Hi
do you think maybe she may have been using something that has put a barrier on her lashes ? like a certain soap or facial product even eye makeup remover ?:hug:

Did you make sure you remove all traces of mascara from her lashes with an oil free makeup remover? Did you get any vasaline on the lashes?

When you say they didnt work, did they not curl or was some curled and others not?

I removed her mascara then wiped over with a dry cotton pad to remove all traces - although my eyemake remover is a cream one but positive i got it all off. They had a slight curl but not as much as they should have as she has quite long eyelashes :-( xXx

Hiya - i'm soooooo gutted. Ive just done an eyelash perm on a new client and it hasnt taken, i feel devastated - the client has had it done in the past so she knows it does work on her lashes and its the first time she has come to me :cry: I have offered to do another perm next week for her free of charge and she was fine about it but still feel so crap.

Do you have any ideas why this wouldnt have worked, as i left the perm solution and fixing lotion on for 15 minutes each, and i permed my sisters lashes last week (as a test run as dont have many requests for eyelash perms) and hers worked perfect so it cant have lost its strength???? just really miffed and looking for some advise. Also, should I be offering some other free treatments so she comes back???

Please help me, im gutted:cry:
Thank you
Kelly
xXx

Can you talk us through what you did, step by step ? :hug:

I removed mascara with cream eye make up remover
Used a damp cotton wool pad then wiped over with a dry cotton pad
Applied the large rod to the eyelid
Applied the lashes to the rod, used adhesive for stray lashes that wouldnt stick to the rod.
Applied the perm solution with a dry cotton pad
Rested cling film over the eyes - she didnt want a towel over as she is claustriphobic - left for 15 mins, carried out a hand & massage whilst waiting
Removed the solution with a dampened cotton bud
Applied fixing solution, rested cling film, waited 15 mins
Removed the solution with dampened cotton wool
Applied collegen, waited 15 mins
Removed collegen
Used cleansing solution to remove rod

???????
thank u
xXx

I removed mascara with cream eye make up remover
Used a damp cotton wool pad then wiped over with a dry cotton pad
Applied the large rod to the eyelid
Applied the lashes to the rod, used adhesive for stray lashes that wouldnt stick to the rod.
Applied the perm solution with a dry cotton pad
Rested cling film over the eyes - she didnt want a towel over as she is claustriphobic - left for 15 mins, carried out a hand & massage whilst waiting
Removed the solution with a dampened cotton bud
Applied fixing solution, rested cling film, waited 15 mins
Removed the solution with dampened cotton wool
Applied collegen, waited 15 mins
Removed collegen
Used cleansing solution to remove rod

???????
thank u
xXx
when i say pad and cotton wool - i mean a cotton bud!

I am just concerned about the cream eye make up remover, if it's oil based it may have had an effect? But maybe that's what you always use? I will try to think of anything else!

when i say pad and cotton wool - i mean a cotton bud!
When i did my training at college not everyone got the same result from using the same perming kit.
Why this happened i do not know, we all cleansed the eye area the same and applied the the products the same.
Maybe you didn't do anything wrong.
All i can say is try cleansing the area twice to be sure there is no residue on the lashes and just be carefull not to touch the lashes with anything other than the products.
I'm sure you have done all this anyway so i hope it works better next time and let us know if it does. :hug:

I normally ask clients to remove their eye make up before they come to the appt, and I quiz them about what they use, i.e. if it's oily. I then wipe over with a pre-tint cleanser, I think its the Strictly Professional one.

However I have just re-read your routine and picked up on something else - you used large rollers - I try to avoid these as they can give too gentle / too subtle a curl sometimes?

HTH's ?:hug:

This happened to me at college kelly! the lady had very long straight eyelashes, and i followed everything to the book, she was wearing no mascara, so that was fab, still went over with a tissue anyway, left perming lotion and fixing lotion for 15 mins each! no curl at all :eek:... they were as straight as when she came in! i felt like you too, a little bit crushed as i felt like i'd done a good job! strange isnt it??!

Sorry to keep on, your perming kit is fresh isn't it? Hasn't had any lids left off or anything like that? Or been left in the sun?

Thanks for all your replies. My kit is probably about 4 months old and only used about 3 times, so think im going to throw this one away, buy a new kit & invest in an oil free eye make up remover. Ive emailed my client apologising again and offering her another appointment next week free of charge and a complimentary manicure (as she mentioned her nails during the perm). All i can do is hope for the best next time - thanks again for all your replies, you've made me feel a lot better about it. Hugs to you all xXx

Cool, let us know how you get on, hopefully everything will be fab next week and don't forget, it doesn't matter so much that something went wrong, how you deal with it is what matters, so hopefully she will be chuffed that you are so genuinely concerned and wanting to put it right:hug:

Hi
It is probably because you used a large roller
the smaller the roller the tighter the curl...but obviously you cannot do a smaller roller if ur clients eyelashes are extremely long as they will kink
unfortunately eyelash perms are not intended for really long lashes but work very well on short straight ones

I think you should try a smaller roller on her next week and see if that makes any difference

:)
Tasha

thanks for that - will do, and ill let you know how i get on.
xXx

Hi, the problem could have been caused by not placing a towel over the wrap as you need to keep a constant heat over the lashes meaning that any draughts could affect the result. The product shouldn't have gone off if you have stored it away from direct sun light or a heat source. Good Luck with your next treatment.

Maybe you could put something quite lightweight over the clingfilm, I sometimes use a small guest towel, folded in half lengthways. it's not very heavy

She said she got in a panic as it was dark, so ill try a lightweight wight face cloth just to keep the heat in. Thanks hun, will update next week. xXx

She said she got in a panic as it was dark, so ill try a lightweight wight face cloth just to keep the heat in. Thanks hun, will update next week. xXx
i meant 'white' face cloth, havent woke up completely!!:zzz:

Latest posts

Back