Oh no! Eyelash Perm didnt work.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for that - will do, and ill let you know how i get on.
xXx

Sorry to ask something off toppic....but does everyones perming solution smells reaaaally horrible from as soon as you take of the cap? or is it just the one that i am using :rolleyes:

I am just concerned about the cream eye make up remover, if it's oil based it may have had an effect? But maybe that's what you always use? I will try to think of anything else!

Firstly I am not trained in eyelash perming yet but wanted to comment on the cream eye make up remover.

I have some at home that I sometimes use when Ive run out of my normal one, I used it last night and as far as I could tell there was nothing left on my eyes, wake up this morning with bloody panda eyes !!

Thanks for all your replies. My kit is probably about 4 months old and only used about 3 times, so think im going to throw this one away, buy a new kit & invest in an oil free eye make up remover. Ive emailed my client apologising again and offering her another appointment next week free of charge and a complimentary manicure (as she mentioned her nails during the perm). All i can do is hope for the best next time - thanks again for all your replies, you've made me feel a lot better about it. Hugs to you all xXx

Hi , it could just be one of those things, so before you throw it away test it on someone else
(maybe family) ?
then you will know whether the problem is the lotion or not ,

if it works then you'll know it was something else,

just a thought :hug: minky x

I was told that pregnancy and hormones can stop the hair taking the perm.
I think it is due to the protein in our her and skin changes.
And also certain medications.
Dont worry yourself to much its has happened to me to xx

I think it may have to do with the eye remover and the processing time. Any traces of oil wont help. I guess the good news is you didnt buckle the lashes:lol:T

i agree with using a different size rod...a smaller one should give more curl...i have longer stick straight lashes and they used the med one on me so i'd have a bigger curl....also you really need to put plastic wrap over the eyes to keep the "heat" in...just leave a light on in the room for her

Hello there

I am a fully qualified holistic and beauty therapist

I have just been reading about your dilema on the eyelash tint, I am sorry to hear that it did,nt turn out.

I personally dont like working with large rollers they seem akward to work with.

I personally think it was the rollers this size is good if the client has nice big eyes and lashes next time try using medium, but before applying them onto the eyelid just hold a medium roller over the eye just to measure the length this way i find is better than putting one on then finding you have to take it off to put another one not nice for the client, I hate the feel of them comeing off on my own eyes lol

your routine was fine hon did everything that you should of done.

I hope that your client comes back to you, sure she will but dont be too elaberate with free treatments you still have to make a profit at the end of the day.

Hope your client returns and enjoys her treatments, but hey dont be too down on yourself it was,nt your fault it did,nt work like others have said it could be one or the other.

if you need any more advise feel free to pm me:)

sometimes I find that on longer lashes, they need a denser application of the solutions over a slightly wider area of the lash. Normally you would apply a thin line, but on longer lashes I would apply a slightly thicker line of each solution to compensate for the weight of the eyelashes. Also, apply your solutions slightly lower to break the lashes at a lower angle so they get a nice lift. I would just practice on anyone and everyone and experiment to see what works best. Don't worry, she is probably delighted that you are so consciencious and will come back. That means so much more than getting the perfect treatment. Some therapists wouldn't say anything and just let their clients leave without talking to them about the treatment at all.

i woyld try doing someone else with the kit you have just because she says shes had it done before and it was fine does not mean that she has really had it done before and everyone is different some people perm easier than others lhope you have better luck with your client next time

I learned this a couple of years back at the Brentwood Academy and they told us that the solutions should be kept cool and preferably in a fridge.

is she pregnant, i learnt in training that during the first trimester of pregnancy it doent take very well, and on two clients recently both who were pregnant,it didnt take very well and dropped quickly. Also if they take thyroxine it wont work!

Try wiping over with a toner to get rid of any traces of oil after cleansing..

Latest posts

Back