Oil cleansing method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenBella

Reaction score
Just wondering if any other geeks use the oil cleansing method and if so what do you use?
Do you make your own and what do you put in?

I've been a big fan of Dermalogica Pre Cleanse for a long time but being e er curious about trying new products I started using a gorgeous one I picked up in my local pharmacy, it's by Moogoo and really is lovely. Doesn't have the same wash off as Pre Cleanse but smells nearly the same and similiar ingredients.

I've used the OCM for years :)

I use 60% extra virgin olive oil, 20% coconut oil and 20% castor oil and store about 1 months worth in an amber bottle in the cupboard x

Where do you get your coconut oil? The only place I can find the oil is solid.
I was thinking I would like to make my own and perhaps add in some essential oils.
This new oil cleanser seems a lot richer and more nourishing to my face than the Pre cleanse and it's definitely having a positive effect. My shiny central tzone is definitely less shiny and skin more uniform

I buy it in the local caribbean hair shop. It does solidify in the bottle when cold, as that's just it's nature.
I am aware though that DIY methods and non pro products shouldn't be advocated on the site, so PM if if you have any other questions xx

Oops yes, sorry! I'm having a think out loud night!

I am looking to switch to Eve Taylor for my facials and their oils sound fantastic, think this is why OCM is in my head tonight!

I am looking to switch to Eve Taylor for my facials and their oils sound fantastic, think this is why OCM is in my head tonight!

That's great to hear!
Watch this space regarding cleansing oils!

Latest posts

Back