Oil or powder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlo3

Reaction score
I have always used oil as a barrier before intimate hot waxing. A colleague of mine uses powder instead and works just as well. What’s people’s thought?

I was always taught to use oil when waxing. However in the summer when areas are naturally more oiler, then prehaps powder is a good idea?

I was always taught to use oil when waxing. However in the summer when areas are naturally more oiler, then prehaps powder is a good idea?

Yes true. I have been trying it, and the hairs seem to be coming out better. My colleague is one of the top waxers. So if it works for her it works for me [emoji4]

Powder definitely work better, especially on armpits and intimate areas that can be sweaty with heat or nerves. If you are worried about using this, a dusting of corn starch works just as well

I prefer oil but have used talc on especially hot days like we had in the summer. I find hot wax grips too much when using talc but definitely use it on very hot days. I’ve started using hot wax more often on the face with oil underneath too.

Hi, which oil do you use under the hot wax?
Thanks

Hi, which oil do you use under the hot wax?
Thanks

I’ve used Perron Rigot jasmine oil. And Outback Organics Botanical Oil. Like both equally.

That's great thank you X

Latest posts

Back