Oily Nail Plate or NOT?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechJaylee

Reaction score
I always read that oily nail plates do not cause lifting.. I do believe its true to a extent, but I have an issue..

I have a client who had her set on for 4 months no breaks, then all of the sudden they start poping off, with no pain at all. They actually cracked at the point of my last fill.. So My last fill area was all there fine, no lifting as usual.. So I figured her nails had produced enough oils for the older L&P to slide right off.. I put on a new set, and so far so good..

Extra info- She is a custom blended client, really short nail beds, but I keep her nails no longer than the tips of her fingers.

Plus I have also noticed that some of my clients over time start lifting within the L&P. I rarely have lifting at the cuticles, but for whatever reason they lift within the L&P.

I know of so many places that make you get a new set every 4 months or so.. I try not to do that.. But I'm thinking, that some clients I might have to do that with..

Anyone have any ideas?!?! Or more information on why oily nail plates don't cause lifting?!?!

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back