OJON Haircare - Looks great, but is it? (QVC)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
I have watched two presentations for Ojon haircare on QVC and I have to say that I am sold!
I have noticed that it has been touched on a couple of times on this site, but not much has been said.
So, have any of you guys (hair geek or not) tried Ojon?

I don't have thin or damaged hair.
I have a sensitive scalp.
Other than that my hair is healthy, long, thick and wavy.
Looking for something to give it the lurve it deserves!
My scalp really is very sensitive (a big concern for me).

I love sound of the naturalness (if that's a word!!) of the Ojon range......

For those of you who have no idea what I am on about, if you go to the QVC website and do a search for OJON it will pull up the info.
Search Results

I use it and it's fab. I just use the moisturising one, as I don't need to thicken my hair either. Leaves it really soft and shiny though.

I use the shampoo, conditioner and restorative hair treatment. I did try the hydrating styling cream, but wasn't fussed.

I've tried the restorative hair treatment and it was a nice product but I didn't feel it worked miracles like they tell you it does on QVC!!!

My hair is heavily bleached and I use straighteners on it everyday so it does get quite dry. I maybe use ojon once or twice a month purely because its such a pain to have to put it on dry hair. it doesn't wash out that easily either.

Don't get me wrong it is a nice product but I'm not sure its so fab its worth all that money!

Hmm, Interesting...

In the past 7 years I have tried so many shampoos, all of which have made my scalp itch and burn, right from first use..... except one - Head & Shoulders Sensitive.
This has been great, and I would reccommend it to anyone with basic scalp issues. But, although it still suits my scalp, I am wondering if it no longer suits my hair - but I am scared of changing to another product coz I hate the burning sensation that I always seem to get!
Guess thats why Ojon caught my eye.
Would either of you say that my scalp could benefit from me using it? Natural Oil, No Silicone...
Or at the very least, I don't want to buy into a product that will irritate it!

I don't have any scalp problems so really couldn't say where the ojon comes on the sensitivity scale, sorry!

I would get one of the trial/starter packs n give it a go. I have ordered beauty products before and they've not suited me, and they really do give you a full refund (minus the postage) even if they're half empty, so you've nothing to lose really.

Yeah my scalp isn't really sensitive either so I can't really say but in theory with it being all natural products you would think it shouldn't irritate.

I think Lisa came up with a good suggestion about trying it and if its not for you just return it. You got nothing to loose as she said.

Let us know if you purchase and if so what the result is! X

Will do!
Cheers ladies.

I use Ojon the thickening one, it is brilliant and so is the treatment product, I to have a very sensitive scalp but do not find it a problem.

Joan

Is this a Professional range of hair products?

Have you actually tried a professional product recommended by your hairdresser?
On this thread I have linked there was a lot of advice and recommendations for good professional products as opposed to over the counter products.http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/53301-recommendation-flaky-scalp.html

I use Paul Mitchell products and they helped my sensitive scalp.

I have also been trying Eufora products...... soon to be launched here in the UK (can't come soon enough!!!) and have found them to be even better than PM. My hair is shiny, healthy and my scalp is in great non flaky condition too.

I just couldn't go back to OTC products, professional products although more expensive last longer and are so much better that it is more than worth the outlay.

Is this a Professional range of hair products?

Have you actually tried a professional product recommended by your hairdresser?
On this thread I have linked there was a lot of advice and recommendations for good professional products as opposed to over the counter products.http://www.salongeek.com/hair-geek/53301-recommendation-flaky-scalp.html

I use Paul Mitchell products and they helped my sensitive scalp.

I have also been trying Eufora products...... soon to be launched here in the UK (can't come soon enough!!!) and have found them to be even better than PM. My hair is shiny, healthy and my scalp is in great non flaky condition too.

I just couldn't go back to OTC products, professional products although more expensive last longer and are so much better that it is more than worth the outlay.
I agree totally with you on this matter as professional products will deliver a better result and thats why the products are more expensive due to the research and development and the level of ingredients.

Having said that i know Ojon is a quality brand,but i would not buy beauty products from the TV as i tend to thinkthey "rubbish" the products and the quality.Why buy from people that know nothing about you and why buy something when it could be detramental or not right for you:rolleyes:

Yes i know theres a "money back guarantee" but how many people bother to use it:confused:

I have had a sensitive scalp & terrible dry frizzy hair for 40 years, then I found Ojon,......... together the treatment & shampoo conditioner have made my hair, well what I always wanted it to be & never thought I could ever get. Soft shiny manageable & people keep saying to me, what have you done to your hair it looks so healthy ? I never had that before.
Yes this is the one thing I have tried that really works ! After five months of using Ojon I am still happy, I have tried loads of products before that after a few days trying them do not seem to work as well, but not Ojon.
I would & have recommended Ojon to everybody !
& no I am not on the Ojon payroll !!!!!!

Last edited:
:eek: never heard of it, I will do some reaserch and post after, I remember not having heard of Aveda when they did QVC .....:) for a flakey scalp though you will do very hard to beat a product called Zeal, a coconut based cleanser

i use altena in my salon. it's organic and comes in different ranges for different hair types. i know it's a bit pricey but you really only need to use a tiny bit. a bottle of shampoo should last you 3 months so when you work it out it's not that expensive. and it smells lush :)

Hi guys,

Ive used Aveda for the last 8 years and loved it. I used to have dry, curly hair but by using Aveda it cleared up. My mum introduced me to Ojon just for a change and I have to say that its great. I now swap between them.

I used Paul Mitchell and had the most awful reaction to it. But I think that different people need different types of products.

Id say give it a go, it might help.:)

Hi Guys
Lets remember this post is about Ojon products which i am taking a look at, sorry for mentioning Aveda, think I may have spoilt this new thread:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back