OK, another French Shellac question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
I found doing French as taught ie pep, base, colour, white, top coat (all thin coats and swiped the free edge with every layer) not lasting as well as the coloured shellac (chipping at the free edge)

I researched and found I wasn't the only one :-( then came across finger nail fixer Facebook page on there it was recommended to sandwich the layers as follows; pep, base,colour, top coat, white, top coat again phew!

This lasts a lot longer but it's taking me ages and using up my top coat also my last client French lasted 10 days then chipped on 3 fingers on her right hand only

QUESTION; how long does your French last for and what technique do you do, colours used etc? Would doing 2 coats of negligee 1 under 1 over the white make it last? I make sure I do a thorough pep etc
Cheers

My french application consists of the standard PEP then:

1 coat Base
1 coat Beau or Negligee
1 coat Studio White or Cream Puff
1 coat Top

I scrub the heck out of the nail with Scrubfresh and I ensure that I do a thorough swipe of the free-edge with every coat. My french last 12-16 days.

I don't know if doing more layers will make it last longer.

I do all my PEP making sure I really scrub the free edge well.

I then do base, colour coat, White, I then either do another colour coat or add mop or zillionaire. Then I top coat.

I very rarely do French but when I do it last the same as a colour would if proper aftercare is followed. Xx

I then do base, colour coat, White, I then either do another colour coat or add mop or zillionaire. Then I top coat.

I very rarely do French but when I do it last the same as a colour would if proper aftercare is followed. Xx

Thank you

What's your favourite pink colour? Do you ever put negligee over the white?
X

This is all very interesting! I am new to Shellac and found that my french does not last as long as the colour. I was doing it the way I would with normal nail polish on my 1st application, but with not much success! I have been learning new things about Shellac the more I apply.

I have one french application to do tomorrow and my question was going to be how do you get a perfect french? I am going to try the method you have advised but does anyone have any tips on a perfect smile line with Shellac please?

Really grateful.

I always do the negligee/pink colour prior to the white.x

When you say you 'scrub' the free edge, can I ask what you mean by this? I'm guessing you use scrub fresh, but what do you scrub with? Lint free wipes? Xxx

This is all very interesting! I am new to Shellac and found that my french does not last as long as the colour. I was doing it the way I would with normal nail polish on my 1st application, but with not much success! I have been learning new things about Shellac the more I apply.

I have one french application to do tomorrow and my question was going to be how do you get a perfect french? I am going to try the method you have advised but does anyone have any tips on a perfect smile line with Shellac please?

Really grateful.

This video really helped me. :D

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/115762-french-smile-line-video.html

When you say you 'scrub' the free edge, can I ask what you mean by this? I'm guessing you use scrub fresh, but what do you scrub with? Lint free wipes? Xxx

Yes scrub fresh and a lint free wipe x

Thank you

What's your favourite pink colour? Do you ever put negligee over the white?
X

Yes I have put negligee over the White before but I tend to use clearly pink as my 2nd pink coat if they don't have mop or zillionaire.

I use Romantique, negligee, beau, clearly pink or moonlight and roses as my pinks. Moonlight and roses seem to be the favourite withy clients

Really grateful.

You can tidy up up your smile line using a gel brush and dsperse. Wipe as much off of the gel brush first then go in and tidy it up. Fingernailfixer has some fab videos on her Facebook page and you tube that show a perfect French application.

Has anyone found a good silver glitter nail varnish to do flicks? I'm using a stripe rite but I'd like a better coverage it's a little sparse on the glitter?
;-)

I am 14 days with my french either today or tomorrow (too tired to remember!). It is perfect and I am ecstatic!

1)I PEP using cuticle pusher and then curette

2)Squeak nails clean with Scrubfresh

3)Thin base coat

4)One coat Negligee

5)One coat Studio white, painted on vertically, then tidied with Brisa gel brush no6. moistened with D-Sperse,and then dried off. Also a tiny swipe at each side of the free edge ala Fingernail Fixer to make sure the white is fully sandwhiched and covered by top coat. Also making sure white is not bulbing at the free edge, going over surface again after I have swiped the free edge to prevent product build up.

6)Another coat of Studio white after first one cured

7)One coat of Mother of Pearl

8)Top coat

9)Wipe thoroughly with D-Sperse

10)Cuticle Eraser, followed by Solar oil

11)Photograph and admire on my Facebook page :green:

Latest posts

Back