Ok been avoidng this but...website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amirose

Reaction score
I'd really love an honest no matter how burtally harsh :)o) opinion about my website http://www.ajnails.co.uk

Its been up and running for about a year and I do get bookings from it but Im no where near as busy as Id like to be.
I think it has alot to do with not offering the artificial nails which I will be offering early next year when Im completed on my training.

Anyway like I say, bring it on, lol :lol:

Ami

Hi hun and well done for posting your link:hug:
Two things I would say is personally I wouldn't call Nail Enhancements "Artificial Nails" I feel this sounds more like cheap stick on nails.
The second thing is I would try and get better quality photos to show off your talent the ones you have are a bit blurred and doesn't show your work at its best.
Your site is very nice loads of information well done :hug:

Your website is fabulous, I love the colour scheme and the treatments you offer are lovely but I think because you are a nail technician that doesn't offer nail enhancements just yet, that is whats holding you back, while manis and pedis are fairly popular they are not nearly as popular an enhancments, once you qualify in enhancements your bookings should go up. Do you do anything else in the way of advertising? Maybe you could think about offering spray tans aswell as nails?
Also there is a spelling mistake in the top left hand corner it says "for all you nails needs" instead of "for all your nails needs"
xx:hug:xx

I think the overall look and colour of the site is good. Here's what I would change:-

1. There's far too many pages and the font is too big which makes it look a little amateurish.
2. How about you put all of your services on the one page and bring it into a much narrower area?
3. Don't have pages with 'Coming soon'...........just get rid of them.
4. Dump the photo's as they're not good quality and don't show how good your work is.
5. You're open 7 days a week. Again, I think this looks likes you're an amateur. How about you sound more business like by working 5 days a week and shorter hours. It looks a bit desperate.
6. Your phoner number wasn't clear and it should be on a different line to your mobile number.

That's all I can think of. It sounds a lot but isn't really and you can do that in half an hour. I hope you find this useful and just to clarify my point..........it's all about making that leap from looking like a mobile tech who is desperate for the phone to ring to a freelance tech who is very busy doing photo shoots etc, who they'll all want to do their nails.

Good luck. x

Not to keen on this,

'For all you nails needs'

but you can tweek it about a bit :)

1. There's far too many pages and the font is too big which makes it look a little amateurish.
Do you mean just on the home page? I know the font on the childrens parties is too big as well but i seem to have got locked into that font and it wont let me change it :irked:
4. Dump the photo's as they're not good quality and don't show how good your work is.
In agreement my camera is pooh but should i ditch the pics of the nail area too or just the pics of the work?

Thanks for the input everyone and keep it coming Im adjusting as we speak by the way I am so totaly embarrassed it has said "for all you nail needs" instead of your for a year and I havent noticed :o

Hey there Ami,

I am also a newbie geek! I think your page looks really fab there are a couple of mistakes on the front page to change where it says "withing" to "within" and also it says "mobile visits our available" and "all treatments our available" should be "are available". I'm just anal about spelling as I am a secretary (unfortunately) aswell as a beauty therapist :rolleyes:.

I think the rest looks fab though and the "how to find us" section with a map etc is a good idea too, I think you have done the best thing asking for advice as you can get different opinions.

Good work though missy!

xxxx

just had a really quick peek, nice website, but specail is special

[] Hi, there are a few spelling mistakes which let you down, an example, "mobile visits our available" and "all our treatments our available", instead of "our", it shoule be "are".
Also, on your special offers page, parrafin wax treatments, £44.00 for two when they bring a friend, you have in brackets £22.00 "per head", head could possibly be changed to person, as it comes across that you will dunk their head in a bucket of parrafin!!!

Great advice from Kimmie, (brow queen), Kimmie if you want to come and live with me I could do with you, your advice is always superb.

Nice little website though, keep it simple,,good luck.

Christine

Just read the reply from Miss Bliss, I am way too slow typing, sorry for any repetition.

you have in brackets £22.00 "per head", head could possibly be changed to person, as it comes across that you will dunk their head in a bucket of parrafin!!!
Ha ha that hilarious lol that literally made me burst out laughing and scare the dogs :lol: Has now been changed as suggested!

Ok right all my life i have spelt special specail I thought id changed all of the specials but i - bet i done it when i updated it this morning - anyone find it for me I cant find it grrr :irked:

Ha i foundthe specail its on the homepage, told you i did that this morning lol!

So does everyone think the homepage looks better with the new smaller font?

Hiya, on your ladies night page, ,,,,,,,,"Girls nights in our great"......change to are>
Pop a capital S on sussex on the address line on your home page, (the blue writing).

"All treatments available for male and female clients, and any specific requests are always welcome."........now I don't know if this is just me or not, but, any specific requests from male clients!!!!!! you never know what you get asked for! As I said, maybe just me, but worth thinking about.

regards,

Christine

"All treatments available for male and female clients, and any specific requests are always welcome."........now I don't know if this is just me or not, but, any specific requests from male clients!!!!!! you never know what you get asked for! As I said, maybe just me, but worth thinking about.

Argh :lol: Hmmm believe me I dont do extras lol!!!! Do you think a simple line break could resolve this?"

All treatments available for male and female clients.

Any specific requests are always welcome.

Or just drop the specific requests?

Thanks Ami

I'd really love an honest no matter how burtally harsh :)o) opinion about my website http://www.ajnails.co.uk

Its been up and running for about a year and I do get bookings from it but Im no where near as busy as Id like to be.
I think it has alot to do with not offering the artificial nails which I will be offering early next year when Im completed on my training.

Anyway like I say, bring it on, lol :lol:

Ami

Hello there:)

I have just had a really good nosey at your site and I think its absolutely brilliant:)
The different types of manicures that you do I think are fantastic! especially the one for the young girl:)
I think that this type of business can take a really long time to build up so dont feel disheartened hun, it will happen and you will be fully booked one day:!: honest:!:
take care and best of luck

Ha i foundthe specail its on the homepage, told you i did that this morning lol!

So does everyone think the homepage looks better with the new smaller font?

Yes miles better, but one other thing is that it may look better if the font size is consistent throughout your website!! :green:

Hi Ami,

I think I would drop the "specific requests" as you suggested.
Well done on a nice little website.

Christine

Hi Ami

Enviroment on the first page is spelt environment, hth . Nice site well done. x

hi hun what a great site!

I agree with others and think you need to make all the fonts the same. So all titles use one font and one size only and all descriptions again one font and size only this makes it look constant and more professional.

Not sure if it's me but I'm finding the Italic font hard to read on the mani and pedi pages so maybe changing this will help.

Phone number on page : Online booking request at the moment it looks like a 23 digit number :eek: just splitting it up will do the trick.

and the last thing i'm loving the map well done!

hope this helps:hug:

Hi,
Did you create your website by yourself? Or did you have some help with it?

Latest posts

Back