Ok..lets see more pics of PopIts nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are lovely. I went to the demo yesterday but have not yet had the chance to practice much, but in saying that I had a client in just that had lost her pinkie nail so I could`t resist just "popping it" back on, it was simple,easy and looked just as good as the other 9 I had in-filled. I agree with you Clara Doon I think I will use these for my Tip Overlay and quick repairs and keep my brush for sculpts customs etc.

Clara they look awsome!! I love the length and the glitter! Well done, I cant wait to get my popits. You said that you cut out the well,Just wondering if you have any tips on how to do this correctly, as I have tried to do it and it never seems to look right? Maybe I'm just not that good with scizzors!!

I don't use scissors I do it with my file at a 45 degree angle, I find this a lot easier than cutting xx hth

ok thanks for that I will give it a go!

Hi they are beautiful , WoW , absolutely beautiful congratulations on your first set of popIt Nails I am sure any client will be thrilled with a set of those,
I know I would be :hug: x

ps what did you use to make it glittery ?

Hi they are beautiful , WoW , absolutely beautiful congratulations on your first set of popIt Nails I am sure any client will be thrilled with a set of those,
I know I would be :hug: x

ps what did you use to make it glittery ?

its CND glimmer powder popped into the popit and used over the whole nail x

hi clare,
they are beautiful are they gel or l&p
you are very talented

my first full set with popits,
I've used white tips and kept the shape short and square, I wanted to see just how quick I could work with them, I guess the sky is the limit with them, but I think I'm going to using them more for a natural t/o and with white tips. I'll keep my hand made pink and whites for my brush !!
still not sure on the whole price thing, following that thread with great interest !
any hows I did these in under a hour, I did take the well out of the tips to give a better smile, so this added a little time.
waw these look gorgeous hun very very well done xxxxx

they are beautiful, not over the top glitter, just delicate and the shape and length are just my thing, perfect hun, well done, xxx

I've used white tips and kept the shape short and square, I wanted to see just how quick I could work with them, I guess the sky is the limit with them, but I think I'm going to using them more for a natural t/o and with white tips. I'll keep my hand made pink and whites for my brush !!
still not sure on the whole price thing, following that thread with great interest !
any hows I did these in under a hour, I did take the well out of the tips to give a better smile, so this added a little time.
These nails look so beautiful!! I wish I could do them. Cant wait to give it a go one day

Sorry, I don't know much about these Poppits but can I ask how do you do a rebalance. Just the way we have been doing or with these Poppits?

Clara Doon your nails look really excellent, and it would be great to see how your client got on with them as I would love to know if there was any lifting around the sidewalls.

these are beautiful....an excellent example to show off the end result of a poppit!!!!! (love them!!)
i am sure the powers that be will be very proud of you!!
cant wait to get mine!!!
xx

Ok. Enough, the whole point of this is that you have a service to add.
Yes you can sculpt with them, but Gigi has been showing the 30 minute method and if you are going to sculpt then it will take longer.
How great to be able to give a nail biter an extended nail bed without a clear tip?
Put your poppit on the nail, mark the outside to where you want the white to be, turn the poppit over, sculpt out your white smile, let it harden, then apply your pink, place on the nail when dry, remove and hey presto there it is the pink will spread slightly which will take it under the white thus makeing the whole enhancement strong. Its still my skill, I make it look good, nail art is going to have a new dimension and what am I not doing? The finishing file and buff, or polish, so I'm causing less trauma to the natural nail and to the enhancement, and this is a bad thing?
Less expense on files, cut down dramatically on dust and be able to offer our standard of service to the very busy people who at the moment can only find time to go to nns I see it as a step up especially for ladies like classy claws, you have your lunch time ladies who will look around your salon and see what else you offer and they want it for the special time, so they say oh I want to book a full appointment with you for my next re balance so that you have time to do, glitter art etc for my holiday/ birthday dinner etc.
Its all in the marketing peeps. But will girls starting of not learn to file properly? come on! when I trained that was the first thing I learned to get right because my forever french where miles high and it taught me that less is best. Poppits could become a techs second best friend, but will they be taught in a foundation course? I don't think so.
Wait untill you try it before you judge it, would you comment on a car you hadn't driven? A cake you hadn't eaten? I don't think so.

can we have some more pics of nails done with popits
pleeeeeeeeaaaasssseeee:):)
been checking the site all weekend to see if there were any more they all look so gorgeous

........... But will girls starting of not learn to file properly? come on! when I trained that was the first thing I learned to get right because my forever french where miles high and it taught me that less is best. Poppits could become a techs second best friend, but will they be taught in a foundation course? I don't think so.

I agree. Any tech that cant master sculpting and tips and overlays and fiinishing the 'old fashioned' way isn't going to get far. Popits cant be used on someone with nails too big or small for them as they cant be cut to shape and I imagine fan shaped nails would be a problem too. If being able to enhance a clients nails depends on them passing a Popits size test the appointment will soon dry up.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture175.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture174.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture172.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture162-1.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture160-1.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/emmsybabes/Picture158.jpg

These are the pics I have so far....
The first 3 are natural tip and popIt overlay

2nd lot of pics are already on the boards somewhere..they are glitter fades applied with PopIts too
xxx

Just to add...I have left the pictures large so you can have a reeeaall close up look lol

I'm still loving the glitter fades with the flowers. Have you had a go at embedded nail art with them yet?:)

Ta Emma!
Your nails are always so gorgeous!

What do you think about how they will last? Everyone is so excited they keep taking them off and redoing them!

Marion X

wow emma you are very talented,
I'm a gel geek and waiting on my popits to arrive have you tried them with gel?

min 11

Nope not yet...but only because I abserlotuly LOVE these ones ..I feel sooo girlie lol

The only problem is I am a bit odd as I accidently put the gold on the popit first on my right hand instead of the pink..and I didnt notice until I got into asda under the bright lights hahaha

I have a client tonight who might want to try them but only with white tips ...if she does I'll take more pics xx

I did one on a client today to show her....she wants them next time...couldn't stop stroking it hahaha

My timings are still up on them,,,and i still have the odd duff nail ...but I'm sure practise will iron out these problems in no time...

I would still say that not just any old tom **** and harry off the street could pull off a decent set of popit nails though...
It takes patience and practice To get consistancy nail after nail...set after set and to do this you need to have an understanding of product knowledge..

Unless I am just rubbish hahaha

marion,,,,thankyou xx..they seem to be holding up well so far..im not the most careful of people and these are quite long..the thumb one has lifted a little in zone 3...but still not budging ...
they seem really strong x

georgie127..
Nope I havent tried them with gel hun, Im an l+p gal ......xxx some geeks have though xxx

Your natural tips & overlay look lovely. What tips do you use?

Latest posts

Back